• Harrison, Clapton in The Record Mirror (1966)

From Norbert K@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jan 2 04:13:31 2022
    Prompted by the Record Mirror to respond to Ray Davis' mixed review of Revolver George Harrison stated that Davis probably had more in common with the Beatles than he realized.

The Record Mirror intervied Eric Clapton at the same time, who raved about Revolver: "It's great. Everything on it is fantastic."

Prompted to name current favorite guitarists, Clapton said: "I like John Mayall's new guy, Peter Green. He's good."

Clapton continued: "If I thought everything George Harrison played was his own, I'd say he was good. But I've got the feeling it's Paul telling him what to do."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Emma Smulders@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jan 2 07:49:28 2022
    Op zondag 2 januari 2022 om 13:13:32 UTC+1 schreef Norbert K:
    Prompted by the Record Mirror to respond to Ray Davis' mixed review of Revolver George Harrison stated that Davis probably had more in common with the Beatles than he realized.

The Record Mirror intervied Eric Clapton at the same time, who raved about Revolver: "It's great. Everything on it is fantastic."

Prompted to name current favorite guitarists, Clapton said: "I like John Mayall's new guy, Peter Green. He's good."

Clapton continued: "If I thought everything George Harrison played was his own, I'd say he was good. But I've got the feeling it's Paul telling him what to do."

D'aw, Peter Green. I love 60's Fleetwood Mac.

I read that review by Ray Davies before. I got the impression he just said how he felt about it all. No need to over-analyze to me.

Interesting that EC singles out Paul. Did he meet them by that point already?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bruce@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jan 2 07:23:36 2022
    Hard to believe that the Beatles and Kinks did not know each other by this time in 1966. The Kinks followed the Beatles on stage at the big 1964 NME show.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From curtissdubois@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Bruce on Sun Jan 2 10:03:20 2022
    On Sunday, January 2, 2022 at 10:23:38 AM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
    Hard to believe that the Beatles and Kinks did not know each other by this time in 1966. The Kinks followed the Beatles on stage at the big 1964 NME show.

I read an interview with the Kinks' bassist Pete Quaife in which he said he and his fellow Kinks were eager to see the Beatles' equipment up close but that Lennon wouldn't let them near it; he was "very paranoid."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05