• May Pand on the making of "Happy Christmas"

From Norbert K@21:1/5 to All on Fri Dec 24 07:38:16 2021
    A less attractive experience [than the Lennons' meeting with Fred Astaire] was the making of "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)," which also occurred at the end of September. The Harlem Baptist Choir, a choir of black children, had recruited to sing on the
    recording. The kids and their parents gazed respectfully at John and Yoko.

"Give me a fucking cigarette," said Yoko. Everyone shuddered. Yoko then and there decided that *fucking* was the only word to describe everything. She talked about the "fucking kids," the "fucking weather," the "fucking musicians," and the "
    fucking song."

John became more and more agitated. He knew it was wrong to use foul language in front of the children -- even for Yoko -- and he didn't like it. Finally, he couldn't stand it any more. "Yoko, cool it!" he shouted. "Just cool it."

Yoko clammed up. Muttering, she walked into a corner, resentful that she had not been allowed to do precisely what she wanted to do. She could scarcely believe that John had reprimanded her in public.

-- from Loving John, by May Pang

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Bruce@21:1/5 to Norbert K on Fri Dec 24 09:30:46 2021
    On Friday, December 24, 2021 at 10:38:18 AM UTC-5, Norbert K wrote:
    A less attractive experience [than the Lennons' meeting with Fred Astaire] was the making of "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)," which also occurred at the end of September. The Harlem Baptist Choir, a choir of black children, had recruited to sing on the

"Give me a fucking cigarette," said Yoko. Everyone shuddered. Yoko then and there decided that *fucking* was the only word to describe everything. She talked about the "fucking kids," the "fucking weather," the "fucking musicians," and the "fucking
    song."

John became more and more agitated. He knew it was wrong to use foul language in front of the children -- even for Yoko -- and he didn't like it. Finally, he couldn't stand it any more. "Yoko, cool it!" he shouted. "Just cool it."

Yoko clammed up. Muttering, she walked into a corner, resentful that she had not been allowed to do precisely what she wanted to do. She could scarcely believe that John had reprimanded her in public.

Wow, I like Yoko more now. John was a cunt.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Norbert K@21:1/5 to Bruce on Fri Dec 24 13:02:02 2021
    On Friday, December 24, 2021 at 12:30:47 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

"Give me a fucking cigarette," said Yoko. Everyone shuddered. Yoko then and there decided that *fucking* was the only word to describe everything. She talked about the "fucking kids," the "fucking weather," the "fucking musicians," and the "fucking
    song."

Profanity is extremely impressive, and Yoko was no doubt striving to set a good example for the young children in that choir -- however, wait! This is a woman who claimed to represent the Japanese aristocracy! She supposedly composed operas and
    associated with great artists. Yet she spoke like American trailer trash? Something's askew.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bruce@21:1/5 to Norbert K on Fri Dec 24 13:51:13 2021
    On Friday, December 24, 2021 at 4:02:04 PM UTC-5, Norbert K wrote:

song."

Profanity is extremely impressive, and Yoko was no doubt striving to set a good example for the young children in that choir -- however, wait! This is a woman who claimed to represent the Japanese aristocracy! She supposedly composed operas and
    associated with great artists. Yet she spoke like American trailer trash? Something's askew.

Nothing wrong with profanity. Contrary to the usual idea that people are unintelligent if they use a lot of profanity, research shows the opposite. People who use a lot of profanity and use it well are MORE intelligent than those who don't.

https://www.sciencealert.com/swearing-is-a-sign-of-more-intelligence-not-less-say-scientists

I say kids should be exposed to and taught the proper way to use profanity as young as possible.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bruce@21:1/5 to Norbert K on Fri Dec 24 13:57:40 2021

song."

Things are different in Japan. They don't have the Victorian attitudes about things that America has. For example, there was a popular TV show in Japan, it may still be on, where women sucked men's cocks and captured the semen in their mouths, and then
    spit it into a cup or some kind of container. The team that filled up the container first won.

They have another Japanese game show show where the man has to sing karaoke while getting a hand job from the woman. I think whoever can still sing the song the best wins. So they are not worried about somebody saying "fuck" or whatever the Japanese
    equivalent of "fuck" is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pffJDu-mtE8

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Norbert K@21:1/5 to Bruce on Sat Dec 25 03:09:01 2021
    On Friday, December 24, 2021 at 4:57:42 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
    A less attractive experience [than the Lennons' meeting with Fred Astaire] was the making of "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)," which also occurred at the end of September. The Harlem Baptist Choir, a choir of black children, had recruited to sing on
    the recording. The kids and their parents gazed respectfully at John and Yoko.

"Give me a fucking cigarette," said Yoko. Everyone shuddered. Yoko then and there decided that *fucking* was the only word to describe everything. She talked about the "fucking kids," the "fucking weather," the "fucking musicians," and the "
    fucking song."

Things are different in Japan. They don't have the Victorian attitudes about things that America has. For example, there was a popular TV show in Japan, it may still be on, where women sucked men's cocks and captured the semen in their mouths, and then
    spit it into a cup or some kind of container. The team that filled up the container first won.

They have another Japanese game show show where the man has to sing karaoke while getting a hand job from the woman. I think whoever can still sing the song the best wins. So they are not worried about somebody saying "fuck" or whatever the Japanese
    equivalent of "fuck" is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pffJDu-mtE8

Attitudes towards sex are one thing; use of foul language is another. I've never known a Japanese person who embraced American trailer trash culture the way Yoko did -- which resulted from the fact that in the U.S., Yoko associated mainly with scumbags (
    con artists, sycophants like Mintz, street musicians like Elephant's Mwmory).

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Emma Smulders@21:1/5 to All on Sat Dec 25 06:32:31 2021
    Op vrijdag 24 december 2021 om 18:30:47 UTC+1 schreef Bruce:

song."

May describes that John told Yoko not to swear in front of (POC) children which made other people visibly upset, and your conclusion of that is that *John* is a cunt? kinda skewed. Ah well.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bruce@21:1/5 to Emma Smulders on Sat Dec 25 07:01:21 2021
    On Saturday, December 25, 2021 at 9:32:33 AM UTC-5, Emma Smulders wrote:
    Op vrijdag 24 december 2021 om 18:30:47 UTC+1 schreef Bruce:

song."

May describes that John told Yoko not to swear in front of (POC) children which made other people visibly upset, and your conclusion of that is that *John* is a cunt?

Yup.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From DFS@21:1/5 to Bruce on Fri Dec 31 07:35:17 2021
    On 12/24/2021 12:30 PM, Bruce wrote:

song."

You're a child.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05