• Re: The Whisky A-Go-Go Incident, Aug. 1964

From Ivor Davis@21:1/5 to Norbert K on Mon Dec 20 23:14:40 2021
    On Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 1:17:09 PM UTC-7, Norbert K wrote:
    On Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 11:56:17 AM UTC-4, Mack A. Damia wrote:
    On Sat, 15 May 2021 05:05:57 -0700 (PDT), Norbert K
    <norbert...@gmail.com> wrote:
    This is an excerpt from Here They Are Jayne Mansfield by Raymond Strait:

Jayne met John Lennon (the only Beatle there at the time), and the party moved on to the Whisky A-Go-Go. By the time we reached the club, Jayne was stoned on booze and uppers, clutching and clinging to John Lennon. There were eight or nine of us in
    a booth designed for four -- Jackie Reed, myself, Matt, Ringo Starr, George Harrison, Jayne, John Lennon. Some girl singer was at the far end. Jayne was "on" and out of all reality. A beautiful evening had been planned for Jayne by the Beatles, and she
    was blowing her own outing. She found Ringo Starr "disappointing," to which he replied "Sorry about that, luv. Can't please 'em all, you know."

I felt a tap on my shoulder, and it was Mamie Van Doren. Mamie turned sideways, leaning over the table toward George Harrison, extending her hand to him. "Hello, George," she said, "I'm Mamie Van Doren." A photographer appeared and moved in to take
    a shot of Mamie and George.

George had a full glass of scotch and ice in his hand. He said, "I don't give a damn who you are -- get that f*cking photographer out of here. No photographs. Understand?"

Mamie leaned a little further and turned to the photographer. "Is this okay?' she asked.

George promptly sloshed his glass of scotch at the photographer, and Mamie caught it flush in the face.

Shortly after that, the party broke up.
    "Jayne Mansfield was wearing one Persian cat coat, and Lennon told her
    ''I was dying to meet you, Miss Mansfield'', to what she corrected him
    by saying, ''Call me just Jaynie'', adding, ''I was also dying to meet
    all of you, wonderful guys---but where are the others?''.

"Mansfield suggestively caressed Lennon's hair, whispering: ''Is it
    your real hair?'' and Lennon answered, taking a look at her prominent bust, the most famous attribute of Mansfield, ''Well, and are those real?''... to which Mansfield, without turning a hair, answered:
    ''There's only one way of ascertaining that, ain't there?''

(Did Lennon bonk her later? Sounds like it)

"Mansfield was sitting between Lennon and Harrison, supposedly she had
    her hands very busy caressing either side of both the Beatles'
    ''groins'' (one story confirmed by Harrison in the Anthology)
    That might explain Harrison's resentment towards the photographer!

Thanks for the info.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Ivor Davis@21:1/5 to Norbert K on Mon Dec 20 23:15:33 2021
    On Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 1:17:09 PM UTC-7, Norbert K wrote:

Jayne met John Lennon (the only Beatle there at the time), and the party moved on to the Whisky A-Go-Go. By the time we reached the club, Jayne was stoned on booze and uppers, clutching and clinging to John Lennon. There were eight or nine of us in
    a booth designed for four -- Jackie Reed, myself, Matt, Ringo Starr, George Harrison, Jayne, John Lennon. Some girl singer was at the far end. Jayne was "on" and out of all reality. A beautiful evening had been planned for Jayne by the Beatles, and she
    was blowing her own outing. She found Ringo Starr "disappointing," to which he replied "Sorry about that, luv. Can't please 'em all, you know."

I felt a tap on my shoulder, and it was Mamie Van Doren. Mamie turned sideways, leaning over the table toward George Harrison, extending her hand to him. "Hello, George," she said, "I'm Mamie Van Doren." A photographer appeared and moved in to take
    a shot of Mamie and George.

George had a full glass of scotch and ice in his hand. He said, "I don't give a damn who you are -- get that f*cking photographer out of here. No photographs. Understand?"

Mamie leaned a little further and turned to the photographer. "Is this okay?' she asked.

George promptly sloshed his glass of scotch at the photographer, and Mamie caught it flush in the face.

your real hair?'' and Lennon answered, taking a look at her prominent bust, the most famous attribute of Mansfield, ''Well, and are those real?''... to which Mansfield, without turning a hair, answered:

"Mansfield was sitting between Lennon and Harrison, supposedly she had
    her hands very busy caressing either side of both the Beatles'
    ''groins'' (one story confirmed by Harrison in the Anthology)
    That might explain Harrison's resentment towards the photographer!

Thanks for the info.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Norbert K@21:1/5 to Mack A. Damia on Tue Dec 21 04:49:13 2021

Jayne met John Lennon (the only Beatle there at the time), and the party moved on to the Whisky A-Go-Go. By the time we reached the club, Jayne was stoned on booze and uppers, clutching and clinging to John Lennon. There were eight or nine of us in a
    booth designed for four -- Jackie Reed, myself, Matt, Ringo Starr, George Harrison, Jayne, John Lennon. Some girl singer was at the far end. Jayne was "on" and out of all reality. A beautiful evening had been planned for Jayne by the Beatles, and she was
    blowing her own outing. She found Ringo Starr "disappointing," to which he replied "Sorry about that, luv. Can't please 'em all, you know."

I felt a tap on my shoulder, and it was Mamie Van Doren. Mamie turned sideways, leaning over the table toward George Harrison, extending her hand to him. "Hello, George," she said, "I'm Mamie Van Doren." A photographer appeared and moved in to take a
    shot of Mamie and George.

your real hair?'' and Lennon answered, taking a look at her prominent
    bust, the most famous attribute of Mansfield, ''Well, and are those real?''... to which Mansfield, without turning a hair, answered:

By some accounts, they made out in the car on the ride over to the club.

They at the very least were coming on (pardon the pun) to each other at the Whisky. Lennon surely discerned that her breasts were real.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From curtissdubois@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Norbert K on Tue Dec 21 07:27:17 2021
    On Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 8:05:59 AM UTC-4, Norbert K wrote:

Jayne met John Lennon (the only Beatle there at the time), and the party moved on to the Whisky A-Go-Go. By the time we reached the club, Jayne was stoned on booze and uppers, clutching and clinging to John Lennon. There were eight or nine of us in a
    booth designed for four -- Jackie Reed, myself, Matt, Ringo Starr, George Harrison, Jayne, John Lennon. Some girl singer was at the far end. Jayne was "on" and out of all reality. A beautiful evening had been planned for Jayne by the Beatles, and she was
    blowing her own outing. She found Ringo Starr "disappointing," to which he replied "Sorry about that, luv. Can't please 'em all, you know."

I felt a tap on my shoulder, and it was Mamie Van Doren. Mamie turned sideways, leaning over the table toward George Harrison, extending her hand to him. "Hello, George," she said, "I'm Mamie Van Doren." A photographer appeared and moved in to take a
    shot of Mamie and George.

Any truth to the rumor that John peed in a drink he gave to Jayne? He was a sick fuck if so.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05