• John and May's Borrowed Hollywood Apartment

From Norbert K@21:1/5 to All on Sat Dec 18 04:21:06 2021
    One evening in 1973, Lennon's attorney Harold Seider mentioned that he was about to fly to Los Angeles. Lennon impulsively decided to join him -- and he asked May Pang to come along. On the flight, Seider generously invited John and May to stay at his
    apartment; he (Seider) would stay with friends. According to May:

Harold lived on West Harper Avenue, a pretty block in West Hollywood, lined with mansions and small apartment complexes, all of which looked like old Spanish castles. His apartment was in one of the complexes just below Sunset Boulevard. Tiled
    steps led from the street into a beautiful landscaped courtyard. The complex consisted of twelve duplex apartments, each with its own separate entrance opening onto the courtyard. There were palm trees and lush foliage in front of each entrance. The
    atmosphere was pretty and soothing.

[End of excerpt.]

I believe I've identified the address: 1327 N. Harper Avenue.

Try that in Google Street View and see if you agree.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Emma Smulders@21:1/5 to All on Sat Dec 18 10:27:30 2021
    For some reason I always imagined them living in the busy city along the skyscrapers. Must've gotten it confused with their New York apartment. But this looks nice and quiet instead.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Norbert K@21:1/5 to Emma Smulders on Sat Dec 18 12:34:48 2021
    On Saturday, December 18, 2021 at 1:27:32 PM UTC-5, Emma Smulders wrote:
    For some reason I always imagined them living in the busy city along the skyscrapers. Must've gotten it confused with their New York apartment. But this looks nice and quiet instead.

Yes, just a block or so below & above Sunset, the neighborhoods were nice & quiet. However, running through it all was the excitement/craziness of the Strip.

Good to see you again, Emma!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05