• Do You Agree With This JL Quote?

From Norbert K@21:1/5 to All on Wed Dec 1 06:01:01 2021
    This is from the Playboy Interview:

"Listen, if somebody's gonna impress me, whether it be a Maharishi or a Yoko Ono, there comes a point where the emperor has no clothes. There comes a point when I will see."

He's implying that he can't be duped -- at least not for long. Was Lennon's sense of his critical acumen fair?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Bruce@21:1/5 to Norbert K on Wed Dec 1 09:57:36 2021
    On Wednesday, December 1, 2021 at 9:01:03 AM UTC-5, Norbert K wrote:

"Listen, if somebody's gonna impress me, whether it be a Maharishi or a Yoko Ono, there comes a point where the emperor has no clothes. There comes a point when I will see."

He's implying that he can't be duped -- at least not for long. Was Lennon's sense of his critical acumen fair?

No, because he was duped a ton by Allen Klein.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Norbert K@21:1/5 to Bruce on Wed Dec 1 10:35:01 2021
    On Wednesday, December 1, 2021 at 12:57:38 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
    On Wednesday, December 1, 2021 at 9:01:03 AM UTC-5, Norbert K wrote:

No, because he was duped a ton by Allen Klein.

Good point, and don't forget "Magic" Alex. It was obvious to just about everyone else that Alex was a con.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From geoff@21:1/5 to Norbert K on Thu Dec 2 10:59:01 2021
    On 2/12/2021 3:01 am, Norbert K wrote:

Well he never got to the point of seeing through Yoko ...

geoff

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Norbert K@21:1/5 to geoff on Wed Dec 1 14:08:43 2021
    On Wednesday, December 1, 2021 at 4:59:12 PM UTC-5, geoff wrote:
    On 2/12/2021 3:01 am, Norbert K wrote:

Well he never got to the point of seeing through Yoko ...

geoff

Exactly. And it is not a coincidence that Yoko and Magic Alex entered Lennon's life at about the same time -- a time when John's life had become a "continuous acid trip," according to his close friend Pete Shotton.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05