• Emerick on the Creation of Revolver

From Norbert K@21:1/5 to All on Thu Nov 11 08:37:18 2021
    With the "Paperback Writer" and "Rain" recordings completed, we returned our attention to Revolver. Incredibly, all the tracks on the album were recorded in the studio, before my very eyes. The Beatles had done no rehearsing beforehand; there had
    been no preproduction whatsoever. What an incredible experience it was to see each of the songs develop and blossom within the confines of those four walls! Almost every afternoon, John or Paul or George Harrison would come in with a scrap of paper
    that had a lyric or chord sequence scribbled on it and within a day or two we'd have yet another unbelievable track down on tape. Every time we did that, I'd think "Wow! What's the next song going to be like?" -- which gave me the incentive to make
    the sound even better, to try to top what we had already done.

-- Geoff Emerick, in Here, There and Everywhere

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Matt@21:1/5 to Norbert K on Thu Nov 11 18:55:42 2021
    On 11 Nov 2021 at 17:37:18 CET, "Norbert K" <norbertkosky69@gmail.com> wrote:

With the "Paperback Writer" and "Rain" recordings completed, we returned our attention to Revolver. Incredibly, all the tracks on the album were recorded in the studio, before my very eyes. The Beatles had done no rehearsing beforehand; there had been no preproduction whatsoever. What an incredible experience it was to see each of the songs develop and blossom within the confines of those four walls! Almost every afternoon, John or Paul or George Harrison would come in with a scrap of paper that had a lyric or chord sequence scribbled on it and within a day or two we'd have yet another unbelievable track down on tape. Every time we did that, I'd think "Wow! What's the next song going to be like?" -- which gave me the incentive to make

Awesome!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From cuppajoe2go@21:1/5 to Matt on Thu Nov 11 11:10:04 2021
    On Thursday, November 11, 2021 at 10:55:46 AM UTC-8, Matt wrote:
    On 11 Nov 2021 at 17:37:18 CET, "Norbert K" <norbert...@gmail.com> wrote:

With the "Paperback Writer" and "Rain" recordings completed, we returned our
    attention to Revolver. Incredibly, all the tracks on the album were recorded
    in the studio, before my very eyes. The Beatles had done no rehearsing beforehand; there had been no preproduction whatsoever. What an incredible experience it was to see each of the songs develop and blossom within the confines of those four walls! Almost every afternoon, John or Paul or George
    Harrison would come in with a scrap of paper that had a lyric or chord sequence scribbled on it and within a day or two we'd have yet another unbelievable track down on tape. Every time we did that, I'd think "Wow! What's the next song going to be like?" -- which gave me the incentive to make

Awesome!

Wow.....just, wow!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05