• Les Anthony on John and Yoko's "Courting"

From P-Dub@21:1/5 to Norbert K on Wed Jun 23 07:53:56 2021
    On Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 9:40:43 AM UTC-4, Norbert K wrote:
    Les Anthony was Lennon's bodyguard/driver/Mr. Fixit/jack of all trades.

He enjoyed working for Lennon, he says -- "until Yoko came along." He also witnessed John and Yoko's first meeting, and says that Lennon couldn't get away from Ono fast enough. However, Ono was dogged, and she eventually wore Lennon down. This is a
    direct quote from Anthony:

"In those days before John left Cynthia, he and Yoko used to do their courting, to put it politely, in the back of the car while I was driving them around.

Not that I could see anything, of course. It was all dark in the back, but John wouldn't have minded much if I could see. Nor would she. What Yoko had was no secret to anyone. Always walking about the kitchen undressed, she was, and it wasn't a pretty
    sight."

-- from "How Yoko Got John" by Les Anthony

Wow. I always thought the attraction was based on Yoko's weird art. John found it thought provoking.

This account is believable. Yoko cleverly seduced him.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Caley Butler@21:1/5 to P-Dub on Fri Jun 25 08:29:04 2021
    On Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 10:53:58 AM UTC-4, P-Dub wrote:
    On Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 9:40:43 AM UTC-4, Norbert K wrote:
    Les Anthony was Lennon's bodyguard/driver/Mr. Fixit/jack of all trades.

He enjoyed working for Lennon, he says -- "until Yoko came along." He also witnessed John and Yoko's first meeting, and says that Lennon couldn't get away from Ono fast enough. However, Ono was dogged, and she eventually wore Lennon down. This is a
    direct quote from Anthony:

"In those days before John left Cynthia, he and Yoko used to do their courting, to put it politely, in the back of the car while I was driving them around.

Not that I could see anything, of course. It was all dark in the back, but John wouldn't have minded much if I could see. Nor would she. What Yoko had was no secret to anyone. Always walking about the kitchen undressed, she was, and it wasn't a
    pretty sight."

-- from "How Yoko Got John" by Les Anthony
    Wow. I always thought the attraction was based on Yoko's weird art. John found it thought provoking.

This account is believable. Yoko cleverly seduced him.

Anthony's complete account is in this group's archives somewhere. It is a most interesting read.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)