• Re: DIDN'T WRITE THEIR OWN SONGS?!?!

From Syd Beatle@21:1/5 to RJKe...@yahoo.com on Fri Nov 5 00:38:39 2021
    On Monday, July 27, 2020 at 1:19:06 PM UTC-7, RJKe...@yahoo.com wrote:
    On Sunday, July 26, 2020 at 5:05:19 PM UTC-4, dreamsci...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Saturday, December 9, 1995 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Sharon A. Lesakowski wrote:
    The following appeared in The Buffalo News, Thursday, 12/7/95:

"Yeah, Yeah, Yeah"

The Wall Street Journal pointed out, in the wake of the recent
    Beatles TV retrospective, that although plenty of footage
    showed the Beatles performing, very little showed them
    "composing" their songs. Well, that could be because they
    didn't. A friend of ours, a local jazz veteran (he demands
    anonymity, for obvious reasons), insists that's the case. "The
    Beatles didn't write their songs," he scoffs. "They had ghost-
    writers. Billy Preston was one. It was common knowledge among
    musicians. Come on," he said, "To write such a huge number of
    catchy hits, you would have to be a big genius. And the
    Beatles?" He burst out laughing. We admit he has a point.
    We've seen Lennon and McCartney talk, and though flip and cute,
    they never exactly showed the smarts of Cole Porter.

HAS ANYONE OUT THERE EVER HEARD SUCH TRASH BEFORE??? What I'm
    asking is that anyone who reads this respond to The Buffalo
    News as kind of a protest. How they could actually print this
    is beyond me. While I could not find an E-mail address any-
    where in the paper, the fax number is (716)856-5150 and the
    snail mail address is The Buffalo News, One News Plaza, Buffalo,
    NY 14240. Send your responses to the attention of Mary Kunz,
    who writes "Buzz" (the section this appears in). And if it
    isn't too much trouble, could you reply by e-mail to me if you
    choose to fax or write. I'd like to get an idea if we've caused
    much of a stir.

They didn't write their own songs? Yeah, right!

well all you really have to do is look in the Official Big book of Beatles Music (Published by EMI/Capitol Records).. has all the chord charts, music and lyrics.. there you will find the original composers are credited and many of them are not
    Members of the Beatles. The Beatles also played a tons of covers and songs written by other people/bands so the truth is The Beatles did have "Ghost Writers" but they did write some of their own songs to =)
    And which songs credited to Lennon & McCartney were ghost-written? Who are the ghost writers?
    We need to find out. No chance in hell they went in to the studio with practically NOTHING, not even any songs written, and came out 30 days later with Rubber Soul, fully written, arranged, produced, and recorded. Why on earth would the likes of George
    Martin and EMI even take a chance on such an absurd scenario as that? A lot of the backing tracks must have been put together, perhaps precorded by studio musicians. This explains why they never played much of anything from those 2 66 albums.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Syd Beatle@21:1/5 to Syd Beatle on Fri Nov 5 00:41:32 2021
    On Friday, November 5, 2021 at 12:38:40 AM UTC-7, Syd Beatle wrote:

"Yeah, Yeah, Yeah"

Beatles didn't write their songs," he scoffs. "They had ghost- writers. Billy Preston was one. It was common knowledge among musicians. Come on," he said, "To write such a huge number of

much of a stir.

well all you really have to do is look in the Official Big book of Beatles Music (Published by EMI/Capitol Records).. has all the chord charts, music and lyrics.. there you will find the original composers are credited and many of them are not
    Members of the Beatles. The Beatles also played a tons of covers and songs written by other people/bands so the truth is The Beatles did have "Ghost Writers" but they did write some of their own songs to =)
    And which songs credited to Lennon & McCartney were ghost-written? Who are the ghost writers?
    We need to find out. No chance in hell they went in to the studio with practically NOTHING, not even any songs written, and came out 30 days later with Rubber Soul, fully written, arranged, produced, and recorded. Why on earth would the likes of George
    Martin and EMI even take a chance on such an absurd scenario as that? A lot of the backing tracks must have been put together, perhaps precorded by studio musicians. This explains why they never played much of anything from those 2 66 albums.
    and before someone jumps on it, yeah yeah, I know there were 4 out of the 16 Rubber Soul songs that were demo'd in some form prior to the sessions. that still leaves 12 fully completed songs that appeared, allegedly, 100% out of thin air, in that
    absurdly compressed time frame. okay, no wonder they never played that stuff live- they never played it at all is what it sounds like.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Norbert K@21:1/5 to Syd Beatle on Fri Nov 5 04:09:01 2021
    On Friday, November 5, 2021 at 3:41:34 AM UTC-4, Syd Beatle wrote:

"Yeah, Yeah, Yeah"

The Wall Street Journal pointed out, in the wake of the recent Beatles TV retrospective, that although plenty of footage
    didn't. A friend of ours, a local jazz veteran (he demands anonymity, for obvious reasons), insists that's the case. "The Beatles didn't write their songs," he scoffs. "They had ghost- writers. Billy Preston was one. It was common knowledge among musicians. Come on," he said, "To write such a huge number of

isn't too much trouble, could you reply by e-mail to me if you choose to fax or write. I'd like to get an idea if we've caused
    much of a stir.

We need to find out. No chance in hell they went in to the studio with practically NOTHING, not even any songs written, and came out 30 days later with Rubber Soul, fully written, arranged, produced, and recorded. Why on earth would the likes of
    George Martin and EMI even take a chance on such an absurd scenario as that? A lot of the backing tracks must have been put together, perhaps precorded by studio musicians. This explains why they never played much of anything from those 2 66 albums.
    and before someone jumps on it, yeah yeah, I know there were 4 out of the 16 Rubber Soul songs that were demo'd in some form prior to the sessions. that still leaves 12 fully completed songs that appeared, allegedly, 100% out of thin air, in that
    absurdly compressed time frame. okay, no wonder they never played that stuff live- they never played it at all is what it sounds like.

There are innumerable recordings of the guys -- that is, John, Paul, George, and Ringo -- working on the Rubber Soul songs. The guys' musical signatures are all over the finished work.

There's no intelligent reason for imagining that some mysterious unnamed force created the album.

Do you also believe that Paul McCartney died and was replaced by a lookalike/soundalike/play-all-the instruments-alike?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mack A. Damia@21:1/5 to norbertkosky69@gmail.com on Fri Nov 5 07:31:48 2021
    On Fri, 5 Nov 2021 04:09:01 -0700 (PDT), Norbert K
    <norbertkosky69@gmail.com> wrote:

"Yeah, Yeah, Yeah"

much of a stir.

We need to find out. No chance in hell they went in to the studio with practically NOTHING, not even any songs written, and came out 30 days later with Rubber Soul, fully written, arranged, produced, and recorded. Why on earth would the likes of
    George Martin and EMI even take a chance on such an absurd scenario as that? A lot of the backing tracks must have been put together, perhaps precorded by studio musicians. This explains why they never played much of anything from those 2 66 albums.

There are innumerable recordings of the guys -- that is, John, Paul, George, and Ringo -- working on the Rubber Soul songs. The guys' musical signatures are all over the finished work.

There's no intelligent reason for imagining that some mysterious unnamed force created the album.

Do you also believe that Paul McCartney died and was replaced by a lookalike/soundalike/play-all-the instruments-alike?

Those of lower intelligence embrace conspiracy theories because they
    do not require any deep thought - or ANY thought for that matter.
    Actually, they have lazy minds, and these silly theories are the
    easiest way to explain their twisted reality.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From RJKellog@yahoo.com@21:1/5 to Mack A. Damia on Fri Nov 5 09:48:13 2021
    On Friday, November 5, 2021 at 10:32:02 AM UTC-4, Mack A. Damia wrote:
    <norbert...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Monday, July 27, 2020 at 1:19:06 PM UTC-7, RJKe...@yahoo.com wrote: >> > > On Sunday, July 26, 2020 at 5:05:19 PM UTC-4, dreamsci...@gmail.com wrote:

"Yeah, Yeah, Yeah"

We've seen Lennon and McCartney talk, and though flip and cute, >> > > > > they never exactly showed the smarts of Cole Porter.

snail mail address is The Buffalo News, One News Plaza, Buffalo, >> > > > > NY 14240. Send your responses to the attention of Mary Kunz,
    choose to fax or write. I'd like to get an idea if we've caused >> > > > > much of a stir.

In fairness, Rubber Soul was a departure in some ways. It was obviously the Beatles, but they were evolving fast..

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From curtissdubois@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Syd Beatle on Fri Nov 5 11:08:54 2021
    On Friday, November 5, 2021 at 3:38:40 AM UTC-4, Syd Beatle wrote:

"Yeah, Yeah, Yeah"

Beatles didn't write their songs," he scoffs. "They had ghost- writers. Billy Preston was one. It was common knowledge among musicians. Come on," he said, "To write such a huge number of

much of a stir.

They cranked out "I Wanna Be Your Man" in a matter of minutes, didn't they?

Even if only a handful of the RS songs were written when they entered the studio, they almost certainly had all sorts of ideas lying around.

The reasons for their decision to stop touring are well known.

The guys worked exceptionally fast by today's standards, cranking out two albums a year.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mack A. Damia@21:1/5 to RJKellog@yahoo.com on Fri Nov 5 16:10:42 2021
    On Fri, 5 Nov 2021 09:48:13 -0700 (PDT), "RJKe...@yahoo.com" <RJKellog@yahoo.com> wrote:

On Monday, July 27, 2020 at 1:19:06 PM UTC-7, RJKe...@yahoo.com wrote: >> >> > > On Sunday, July 26, 2020 at 5:05:19 PM UTC-4, dreamsci...@gmail.com wrote:

"Yeah, Yeah, Yeah"

We've seen Lennon and McCartney talk, and though flip and cute, >> >> > > > > they never exactly showed the smarts of Cole Porter.

snail mail address is The Buffalo News, One News Plaza, Buffalo, >> >> > > > > NY 14240. Send your responses to the attention of Mary Kunz,
    choose to fax or write. I'd like to get an idea if we've caused >> >> > > > > much of a stir.

well all you really have to do is look in the Official Big book of Beatles Music (Published by EMI/Capitol Records).. has all the chord charts, music and lyrics.. there you will find the original composers are credited and many of them are
    not Members of the Beatles. The Beatles also played a tons of covers and songs written by other people/bands so the truth is The Beatles did have "Ghost Writers" but they did write some of their own songs to =)

In fairness, Rubber Soul was a departure in some ways. It was obviously the Beatles, but they were evolving fast..

Same era.

60% of all Americans think that the JFK assassination was a
    "conspiracy". No evidence has ever been discovered and authenticated
    to support this. Lazy thinking.

Interesting reading:

https://www.texasmonthly.com/news-politics/the-lone-gunman/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Norbert K@21:1/5 to Mack A. Damia on Sat Nov 6 09:02:06 2021
    On Friday, November 5, 2021 at 7:10:59 PM UTC-4, Mack A. Damia wrote:
    On Fri, 5 Nov 2021 09:48:13 -0700 (PDT), "RJKe...@yahoo.com" <RJKe...@yahoo.com> wrote:

The following appeared in The Buffalo News, Thursday, 12/7/95: >> >> > > > >
    "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah"

The Wall Street Journal pointed out, in the wake of the recent >> >> > > > > Beatles TV retrospective, that although plenty of footage
    anonymity, for obvious reasons), insists that's the case. "The >> >> > > > > Beatles didn't write their songs," he scoffs. "They had ghost- >> >> > > > > writers. Billy Preston was one. It was common knowledge among >> >> > > > > musicians. Come on," he said, "To write such a huge number of >> >> > > > > catchy hits, you would have to be a big genius. And the

HAS ANYONE OUT THERE EVER HEARD SUCH TRASH BEFORE??? What I'm >> >> > > > > asking is that anyone who reads this respond to The Buffalo
    News as kind of a protest. How they could actually print this >> >> > > > > is beyond me. While I could not find an E-mail address any-
    NY 14240. Send your responses to the attention of Mary Kunz, >> >> > > > > who writes "Buzz" (the section this appears in). And if it
    isn't too much trouble, could you reply by e-mail to me if you >> >> > > > > choose to fax or write. I'd like to get an idea if we've caused
    much of a stir.

well all you really have to do is look in the Official Big book of Beatles Music (Published by EMI/Capitol Records).. has all the chord charts, music and lyrics.. there you will find the original composers are credited and many of them are
    not Members of the Beatles. The Beatles also played a tons of covers and songs written by other people/bands so the truth is The Beatles did have "Ghost Writers" but they did write some of their own songs to =)
    We need to find out. No chance in hell they went in to the studio with practically NOTHING, not even any songs written, and came out 30 days later with Rubber Soul, fully written, arranged, produced, and recorded. Why on earth would the likes
    of George Martin and EMI even take a chance on such an absurd scenario as that? A lot of the backing tracks must have been put together, perhaps precorded by studio musicians. This explains why they never played much of anything from those 2 66 albums.

Same era.

Interesting reading:

The JFK assassination conspiracy theories have been around longer than I can remember.

I puzzle over how conspiracism has become so widespread, and how the conspiracies people embrace (the Trump & Q sh*t) have become so crazy. Is it the drugs people take today? Has mental illness become vastly more common? Have people simply gotten
    stupider?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mack A. Damia@21:1/5 to norbertkosky69@gmail.com on Sat Nov 6 09:43:04 2021
    On Sat, 6 Nov 2021 09:02:06 -0700 (PDT), Norbert K

On Fri, 5 Nov 2021 09:48:13 -0700 (PDT), "RJKe...@yahoo.com"
    <RJKe...@yahoo.com> wrote:

The following appeared in The Buffalo News, Thursday, 12/7/95: >> >> >> > > > >
    "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah"

The Wall Street Journal pointed out, in the wake of the recent >> >> >> > > > > Beatles TV retrospective, that although plenty of footage
    anonymity, for obvious reasons), insists that's the case. "The >> >> >> > > > > Beatles didn't write their songs," he scoffs. "They had ghost- >> >> >> > > > > writers. Billy Preston was one. It was common knowledge among >> >> >> > > > > musicians. Come on," he said, "To write such a huge number of >> >> >> > > > > catchy hits, you would have to be a big genius. And the

HAS ANYONE OUT THERE EVER HEARD SUCH TRASH BEFORE??? What I'm >> >> >> > > > > asking is that anyone who reads this respond to The Buffalo
    News as kind of a protest. How they could actually print this >> >> >> > > > > is beyond me. While I could not find an E-mail address any-
    NY 14240. Send your responses to the attention of Mary Kunz, >> >> >> > > > > who writes "Buzz" (the section this appears in). And if it
    isn't too much trouble, could you reply by e-mail to me if you >> >> >> > > > > choose to fax or write. I'd like to get an idea if we've caused
    much of a stir.

We need to find out. No chance in hell they went in to the studio with practically NOTHING, not even any songs written, and came out 30 days later with Rubber Soul, fully written, arranged, produced, and recorded. Why on earth would the likes
    of George Martin and EMI even take a chance on such an absurd scenario as that? A lot of the backing tracks must have been put together, perhaps precorded by studio musicians. This explains why they never played much of anything from those 2 66 albums.
    and before someone jumps on it, yeah yeah, I know there were 4 out of the 16 Rubber Soul songs that were demo'd in some form prior to the sessions. that still leaves 12 fully completed songs that appeared, allegedly, 100% out of thin air, in
    that absurdly compressed time frame. okay, no wonder they never played that stuff live- they never played it at all is what it sounds like.

Same era.

Interesting reading:

The JFK assassination conspiracy theories have been around longer than I can remember.

I puzzle over how conspiracism has become so widespread, and how the conspiracies people embrace (the Trump & Q sh*t) have become so crazy. Is it the drugs people take today? Has mental illness become vastly more common? Have people simply gotten
    stupider?

Good question. The JFK conspiracy theories started just after the assassination. Many refused to believe that one lone, mentally
    disturbed gunman could kill the most powerful man in the world. To
    them, it didn't make sense. Remember Clay Shaw and Jim Garrison? That conspiracy went nowhere, but many still embrace it.

But the "Dumbing Down of America" really started in the Reagan years. Republicans started to infiltrate state school boards and "dumb down"
    the curricula. It was all about "control", and in a large part, it
    worked. Check out American history books in red states for an
    example.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From geoff@21:1/5 to Norbert K on Sun Nov 7 17:20:08 2021
    On 7/11/2021 5:02 am, Norbert K wrote:

On Friday, November 5, 2021 at 12:38:40 AM UTC-7, Syd Beatle wrote: >>>>>>> On Monday, July 27, 2020 at 1:19:06 PM UTC-7, RJKe...@yahoo.com wrote: >>>>>>>> On Sunday, July 26, 2020 at 5:05:19 PM UTC-4, dreamsci...@gmail.com wrote:
    The following appeared in The Buffalo News, Thursday, 12/7/95: >>>>>>>>>>
    "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah"

The Wall Street Journal pointed out, in the wake of the recent >>>>>>>>>> Beatles TV retrospective, that although plenty of footage
    didn't. A friend of ours, a local jazz veteran (he demands >>>>>>>>>> anonymity, for obvious reasons), insists that's the case. "The >>>>>>>>>> Beatles didn't write their songs," he scoffs. "They had ghost- >>>>>>>>>> writers. Billy Preston was one. It was common knowledge among >>>>>>>>>> musicians. Come on," he said, "To write such a huge number of >>>>>>>>>> catchy hits, you would have to be a big genius. And the
    We've seen Lennon and McCartney talk, and though flip and cute, >>>>>>>>>> they never exactly showed the smarts of Cole Porter.

HAS ANYONE OUT THERE EVER HEARD SUCH TRASH BEFORE??? What I'm >>>>>>>>>> asking is that anyone who reads this respond to The Buffalo >>>>>>>>>> News as kind of a protest. How they could actually print this >>>>>>>>>> is beyond me. While I could not find an E-mail address any- >>>>>>>>>> where in the paper, the fax number is (716)856-5150 and the >>>>>>>>>> snail mail address is The Buffalo News, One News Plaza, Buffalo, >>>>>>>>>> NY 14240. Send your responses to the attention of Mary Kunz, >>>>>>>>>> who writes "Buzz" (the section this appears in). And if it >>>>>>>>>> isn't too much trouble, could you reply by e-mail to me if you >>>>>>>>>> choose to fax or write. I'd like to get an idea if we've caused >>>>>>>>>> much of a stir.

Same era.

Interesting reading:

stupider?

Surely the JFK thing has far more justification that the various Q-shit ?

geoff

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Norbert K@21:1/5 to geoff on Sun Nov 7 02:12:14 2021
    On Sunday, November 7, 2021 at 12:20:19 AM UTC-4, geoff wrote:

On Friday, November 5, 2021 at 10:32:02 AM UTC-4, Mack A. Damia wrote: >>>> On Fri, 5 Nov 2021 04:09:01 -0700 (PDT), Norbert K

On Friday, November 5, 2021 at 3:41:34 AM UTC-4, Syd Beatle wrote: >>>>>> On Friday, November 5, 2021 at 12:38:40 AM UTC-7, Syd Beatle wrote: >>>>>>> On Monday, July 27, 2020 at 1:19:06 PM UTC-7, RJKe...@yahoo.com wrote:
    "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah"

The Wall Street Journal pointed out, in the wake of the recent >>>>>>>>>> Beatles TV retrospective, that although plenty of footage >>>>>>>>>> showed the Beatles performing, very little showed them
    "composing" their songs. Well, that could be because they >>>>>>>>>> didn't. A friend of ours, a local jazz veteran (he demands >>>>>>>>>> anonymity, for obvious reasons), insists that's the case. "The >>>>>>>>>> Beatles didn't write their songs," he scoffs. "They had ghost- >>>>>>>>>> writers. Billy Preston was one. It was common knowledge among >>>>>>>>>> musicians. Come on," he said, "To write such a huge number of >>>>>>>>>> catchy hits, you would have to be a big genius. And the >>>>>>>>>> Beatles?" He burst out laughing. We admit he has a point. >>>>>>>>>> We've seen Lennon and McCartney talk, and though flip and cute, >>>>>>>>>> they never exactly showed the smarts of Cole Porter.

HAS ANYONE OUT THERE EVER HEARD SUCH TRASH BEFORE??? What I'm >>>>>>>>>> asking is that anyone who reads this respond to The Buffalo >>>>>>>>>> News as kind of a protest. How they could actually print this >>>>>>>>>> is beyond me. While I could not find an E-mail address any- >>>>>>>>>> where in the paper, the fax number is (716)856-5150 and the >>>>>>>>>> snail mail address is The Buffalo News, One News Plaza, Buffalo, >>>>>>>>>> NY 14240. Send your responses to the attention of Mary Kunz, >>>>>>>>>> who writes "Buzz" (the section this appears in). And if it >>>>>>>>>> isn't too much trouble, could you reply by e-mail to me if you >>>>>>>>>> choose to fax or write. I'd like to get an idea if we've caused >>>>>>>>>> much of a stir.

and before someone jumps on it, yeah yeah, I know there were 4 out of the 16 Rubber Soul songs that were demo'd in some form prior to the sessions. that still leaves 12 fully completed songs that appeared, allegedly, 100% out of thin air, in
    that absurdly compressed time frame. okay, no wonder they never played that stuff live- they never played it at all is what it sounds like.

Those of lower intelligence embrace conspiracy theories because they >>>> do not require any deep thought - or ANY thought for that matter.

Same era.

Interesting reading:

stupider?

geoff

Well, most JFK murder conspiracists will provide some sort of tortured reasoning for their favored hypothesis (of which there are dozens, if not hundreds). The Q-nuts simply take their leader's loony claims on faith.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Norbert K@21:1/5 to geoff on Sun Nov 7 04:13:40 2021
    On Sunday, November 7, 2021 at 12:20:19 AM UTC-4, geoff wrote:

On Friday, November 5, 2021 at 10:32:02 AM UTC-4, Mack A. Damia wrote: >>>> On Fri, 5 Nov 2021 04:09:01 -0700 (PDT), Norbert K

On Friday, November 5, 2021 at 3:41:34 AM UTC-4, Syd Beatle wrote: >>>>>> On Friday, November 5, 2021 at 12:38:40 AM UTC-7, Syd Beatle wrote: >>>>>>> On Monday, July 27, 2020 at 1:19:06 PM UTC-7, RJKe...@yahoo.com wrote:
    "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah"

The Wall Street Journal pointed out, in the wake of the recent >>>>>>>>>> Beatles TV retrospective, that although plenty of footage >>>>>>>>>> showed the Beatles performing, very little showed them
    "composing" their songs. Well, that could be because they >>>>>>>>>> didn't. A friend of ours, a local jazz veteran (he demands >>>>>>>>>> anonymity, for obvious reasons), insists that's the case. "The >>>>>>>>>> Beatles didn't write their songs," he scoffs. "They had ghost- >>>>>>>>>> writers. Billy Preston was one. It was common knowledge among >>>>>>>>>> musicians. Come on," he said, "To write such a huge number of >>>>>>>>>> catchy hits, you would have to be a big genius. And the >>>>>>>>>> Beatles?" He burst out laughing. We admit he has a point. >>>>>>>>>> We've seen Lennon and McCartney talk, and though flip and cute, >>>>>>>>>> they never exactly showed the smarts of Cole Porter.

Those of lower intelligence embrace conspiracy theories because they >>>> do not require any deep thought - or ANY thought for that matter.

Same era.

Interesting reading:

stupider?

geoff

When "Q" is identified, I predict we'll learn that he's a videogame-playing kid who knows absolutely nothing about science, history, international relations, or the U.S. Constitution. He's a creator of juvenile science fiction who preys upon the
    paranoid, the drug-addled, and the mentally ill.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mack A. Damia@21:1/5 to All on Sun Nov 7 07:43:42 2021
    On Sun, 7 Nov 2021 17:20:08 +1300, geoff <geoff@nospamgeoffwood.org>
    wrote:

On Friday, November 5, 2021 at 10:32:02 AM UTC-4, Mack A. Damia wrote: >>>>> On Fri, 5 Nov 2021 04:09:01 -0700 (PDT), Norbert K

On Friday, November 5, 2021 at 3:41:34 AM UTC-4, Syd Beatle wrote: >>>>>>> On Friday, November 5, 2021 at 12:38:40 AM UTC-7, Syd Beatle wrote: >>>>>>>> On Monday, July 27, 2020 at 1:19:06 PM UTC-7, RJKe...@yahoo.com wrote: >>>>>>>>> On Sunday, July 26, 2020 at 5:05:19 PM UTC-4, dreamsci...@gmail.com wrote:
    The following appeared in The Buffalo News, Thursday, 12/7/95: >>>>>>>>>>>
    "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah"

The Wall Street Journal pointed out, in the wake of the recent >>>>>>>>>>> Beatles TV retrospective, that although plenty of footage >>>>>>>>>>> showed the Beatles performing, very little showed them
    "composing" their songs. Well, that could be because they >>>>>>>>>>> didn't. A friend of ours, a local jazz veteran (he demands >>>>>>>>>>> anonymity, for obvious reasons), insists that's the case. "The >>>>>>>>>>> Beatles didn't write their songs," he scoffs. "They had ghost- >>>>>>>>>>> writers. Billy Preston was one. It was common knowledge among >>>>>>>>>>> musicians. Come on," he said, "To write such a huge number of >>>>>>>>>>> catchy hits, you would have to be a big genius. And the
    Beatles?" He burst out laughing. We admit he has a point. >>>>>>>>>>> We've seen Lennon and McCartney talk, and though flip and cute, >>>>>>>>>>> they never exactly showed the smarts of Cole Porter.

HAS ANYONE OUT THERE EVER HEARD SUCH TRASH BEFORE??? What I'm >>>>>>>>>>> asking is that anyone who reads this respond to The Buffalo >>>>>>>>>>> News as kind of a protest. How they could actually print this >>>>>>>>>>> is beyond me. While I could not find an E-mail address any- >>>>>>>>>>> where in the paper, the fax number is (716)856-5150 and the >>>>>>>>>>> snail mail address is The Buffalo News, One News Plaza, Buffalo, >>>>>>>>>>> NY 14240. Send your responses to the attention of Mary Kunz, >>>>>>>>>>> who writes "Buzz" (the section this appears in). And if it >>>>>>>>>>> isn't too much trouble, could you reply by e-mail to me if you >>>>>>>>>>> choose to fax or write. I'd like to get an idea if we've caused >>>>>>>>>>> much of a stir.

Those of lower intelligence embrace conspiracy theories because they >>>>> do not require any deep thought - or ANY thought for that matter.

Same era.

Interesting reading:

stupider?

Did you read the link that I posted? Some enlightened person in Texas
    got tired of all the nonsense and went through the various aspects of
    the conspiracy theories and debunked them all very effectively.

Qanon? Different strokes. Paranoia is alive and unwell in the U.S.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Norbert K@21:1/5 to Mack A. Damia on Sun Nov 7 08:48:16 2021
    On Sunday, November 7, 2021 at 10:43:47 AM UTC-5, Mack A. Damia wrote:
    On Sun, 7 Nov 2021 17:20:08 +1300, geoff <ge...@nospamgeoffwood.org>
    wrote:

On Friday, November 5, 2021 at 10:32:02 AM UTC-4, Mack A. Damia wrote: >>>>> On Fri, 5 Nov 2021 04:09:01 -0700 (PDT), Norbert K

On Friday, November 5, 2021 at 3:41:34 AM UTC-4, Syd Beatle wrote: >>>>>>> On Friday, November 5, 2021 at 12:38:40 AM UTC-7, Syd Beatle wrote: >>>>>>>> On Monday, July 27, 2020 at 1:19:06 PM UTC-7, RJKe...@yahoo.com wrote:
    The following appeared in The Buffalo News, Thursday, 12/7/95: >>>>>>>>>>>
    "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah"

The Wall Street Journal pointed out, in the wake of the recent >>>>>>>>>>> Beatles TV retrospective, that although plenty of footage >>>>>>>>>>> showed the Beatles performing, very little showed them >>>>>>>>>>> "composing" their songs. Well, that could be because they >>>>>>>>>>> didn't. A friend of ours, a local jazz veteran (he demands >>>>>>>>>>> anonymity, for obvious reasons), insists that's the case. "The >>>>>>>>>>> Beatles didn't write their songs," he scoffs. "They had ghost- >>>>>>>>>>> writers. Billy Preston was one. It was common knowledge among >>>>>>>>>>> musicians. Come on," he said, "To write such a huge number of >>>>>>>>>>> catchy hits, you would have to be a big genius. And the >>>>>>>>>>> Beatles?" He burst out laughing. We admit he has a point. >>>>>>>>>>> We've seen Lennon and McCartney talk, and though flip and cute, >>>>>>>>>>> they never exactly showed the smarts of Cole Porter.

HAS ANYONE OUT THERE EVER HEARD SUCH TRASH BEFORE??? What I'm >>>>>>>>>>> asking is that anyone who reads this respond to The Buffalo >>>>>>>>>>> News as kind of a protest. How they could actually print this >>>>>>>>>>> is beyond me. While I could not find an E-mail address any- >>>>>>>>>>> where in the paper, the fax number is (716)856-5150 and the >>>>>>>>>>> snail mail address is The Buffalo News, One News Plaza, Buffalo, >>>>>>>>>>> NY 14240. Send your responses to the attention of Mary Kunz, >>>>>>>>>>> who writes "Buzz" (the section this appears in). And if it >>>>>>>>>>> isn't too much trouble, could you reply by e-mail to me if you >>>>>>>>>>> choose to fax or write. I'd like to get an idea if we've caused >>>>>>>>>>> much of a stir.

Those of lower intelligence embrace conspiracy theories because they >>>>> do not require any deep thought - or ANY thought for that matter. >>>>> Actually, they have lazy minds, and these silly theories are the

Same era.

Interesting reading:

stupider?

Surely the JFK thing has far more justification that the various Q-shit ? Did you read the link that I posted? Some enlightened person in Texas
    got tired of all the nonsense and went through the various aspects of
    the conspiracy theories and debunked them all very effectively.

Qanon? Different strokes. Paranoia is alive and unwell in the U.S.

The article you posted a link for is good. The JFK assassination conspiracy theories arose from an unwillingness on the part of many people to accept that this important and famous person could be murdered by a nobody. So conspiracies arose out of a
    craving for consolation.

Q is different from the JFK conspiracies in that its claims are blatantly ludicrous (they do not deserve investigation) and its predictions persistently prove false. Q's predicted "Storm" was first supposed to take place in 2017. The accumulated false
    predictions have led some onetime Q followers to leave the movement in disgust -- while others apparently *like* to be duped.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Norbert K@21:1/5 to Sharon A. Lesakowski on Mon Nov 8 03:46:06 2021
    On Saturday, December 9, 1995 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Sharon A. Lesakowski wrote:
    "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah"

much of a stir.

There's a video on Youtube in which somebody named Vince Russo interviews somebody named Mike Williams purportedly on the theme of "Proof the Beatles Didn't Write Or Play Their Own Songs."

Obviously the hypothesis is insane, but I was willing to give it a listen as a critical exercise. I thought it might be useful to debunk Williams' bad arguments. The problem is that Williams began his "presentation" by denying that there was any such
    thing as Covid 19! I fast forwarded through that -- only to find Williams rambling on about how the various national leaders were beholden to some sinister and unnameable higher force.

He had completely forgotten what he had come on the show to do and was merely promoting paranoia -- any paranoia.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mack A. Damia@21:1/5 to norbertkosky69@gmail.com on Mon Nov 8 03:59:01 2021
    On Mon, 8 Nov 2021 03:46:06 -0800 (PST), Norbert K

On Saturday, December 9, 1995 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Sharon A. Lesakowski wrote: >> The following appeared in The Buffalo News, Thursday, 12/7/95:
    "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah"

much of a stir.

There's a video on Youtube in which somebody named Vince Russo interviews somebody named Mike Williams purportedly on the theme of "Proof the Beatles Didn't Write Or Play Their Own Songs."

Obviously the hypothesis is insane, but I was willing to give it a listen as a critical exercise. I thought it might be useful to debunk Williams' bad arguments. The problem is that Williams began his "presentation" by denying that there was any such
    thing as Covid 19! I fast forwarded through that -- only to find Williams rambling on about how the various national leaders were beholden to some sinister and unnameable higher force.

He had completely forgotten what he had come on the show to do and was merely promoting paranoia -- any paranoia.

There appears to be a "mass hysteria" among many on the right based on
    insane theories.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Norbert K@21:1/5 to Mack A. Damia on Mon Nov 8 04:51:48 2021
    On Monday, November 8, 2021 at 6:59:07 AM UTC-5, Mack A. Damia wrote:

"Yeah, Yeah, Yeah"

much of a stir.

There appears to be a "mass hysteria" among many on the right based on insane theories.

Can you imagine what a traditional conservative Republican -- a Barry Goldwater, a Ronald Reagan, even a Richard Nixon -- would think about what their party has become? They would think today's Trumpian, Q-Anon-accepting supposed Republicans were
    completely insane. And they would be correct in this thought.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Joe Mahoney@21:1/5 to Sharon A. Lesakowski on Mon Nov 8 06:56:28 2021
    "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah"

much of a stir.

Yeah, and "Ringo's" drum parts were actually Bernard Purdie.

This nameless jazz musician obviously doesn't know what a "ghost writer" is. There's camera footage of Billy Preston working with the Beatles. And they credited Preston with his contributions.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mack A. Damia@21:1/5 to norbertkosky69@gmail.com on Mon Nov 8 07:26:41 2021
    On Mon, 8 Nov 2021 04:51:48 -0800 (PST), Norbert K

"Yeah, Yeah, Yeah"

much of a stir.

insane theories.

Can you imagine what a traditional conservative Republican -- a Barry Goldwater, a Ronald Reagan, even a Richard Nixon -- would think about what their party has become? They would think today's Trumpian, Q-Anon-accepting supposed Republicans were

The ones you mention would disassociate the Trumpsters, et al from the mainstream Republican party. I wish we had guys like Dwight
    Eisenhower around.

I don't think Biden will run in 2024. I don't know about Harris, but
    I would be willing to vote for Republican Adam Kinzinger under the
    right circumstances.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Norbert K@21:1/5 to Mack A. Damia on Thu Jun 23 15:11:01 2022
    On Monday, November 8, 2021 at 7:26:47 AM UTC-8, Mack A. Damia wrote:
    On Mon, 8 Nov 2021 04:51:48 -0800 (PST), Norbert K

"Yeah, Yeah, Yeah"

much of a stir.

Obviously the hypothesis is insane, but I was willing to give it a listen as a critical exercise. I thought it might be useful to debunk Williams' bad arguments. The problem is that Williams began his "presentation" by denying that there was any
    such thing as Covid 19! I fast forwarded through that -- only to find Williams rambling on about how the various national leaders were beholden to some sinister and unnameable higher force.

insane theories.

The ones you mention would disassociate the Trumpsters, et al from the mainstream Republican party. I wish we had guys like Dwight
    Eisenhower around.

I don't think Biden will run in 2024. I don't know about Harris, but
    I would be willing to vote for Republican Adam Kinzinger under the
    right circumstances.

Kinzinger was impressive today on the January 6 Committee.

A pot-Trump Republican who is conservative for real, who understands the US Constitution and who doesn't deal in paranoid delusions or kiss Putin's ass? What an anomaly.

I'd vote for him in the right circumstances (i.e., depending on who the Democratic nominee is) too.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05