• George Describes His First LSD Trip

From Norbert K@21:1/5 to All on Mon Oct 25 04:30:39 2021
    In spring of 1965, John, George, Cynthia, and Pattie had dinner with a London dentist named John Riley -- who concluded the dinner by serving them coffee into which LSD-laced sugar cubes had been placed. Lennon was initially furious. The Beatles &
    their woman friends left Riley, heading first to the Ad Lib club and then to Harrison's home. Cynthia Lennon vividly describes her nightmarish experience in her book A Twist of Lennon. John Lennon recalled the LSD trip as being "terrifying but
    fantastic." George Harrison described his trip this way:

"I had such an overwhelming feeling of well-being, that there was a god, and I could see him in every blade of grass. It was like gaining hundreds of years of experience in 12 hours."

That quote is from the Rolling Stone article "Beatles' Acid Test: How LSD Opened the Door to Revolver."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Norbert K@21:1/5 to Norbert K on Mon Oct 25 05:49:42 2021
    On Monday, October 25, 2021 at 7:30:40 AM UTC-4, Norbert K wrote:
    In spring of 1965, John, George, Cynthia, and Pattie had dinner with a London dentist named John Riley -- who concluded the dinner by serving them coffee into which LSD-laced sugar cubes had been placed. Lennon was initially furious. The Beatles &
    their woman friends left Riley, heading first to the Ad Lib club and then to Harrison's home. Cynthia Lennon vividly describes her nightmarish experience in her book A Twist of Lennon. John Lennon recalled the LSD trip as being "terrifying but fantastic."
    George Harrison described his trip this way:

"I had such an overwhelming feeling of well-being, that there was a god, and I could see him in every blade of grass. It was like gaining hundreds of years of experience in 12 hours."

That quote is from the Rolling Stone article "Beatles' Acid Test: How LSD Opened the Door to Revolver."

John's recollection of the same trip:

A dentist in London laid [LSD] on George, me and our wives at a dinner party at his house without telling us. He was a friend of George's and our dentist at the time, and he just put it in our coffee or something. He didn't know what it was; all
    the...middle-class London swingers or whatever, had heard all about it, and they didn't know it was different from pot or pills. They gave it to us, and he was saying, "I advise you not to leave," and we thought he was trying to keep us for an orgy in
    his house. So we went out to the Ad Lib discotheque.

We didn't know what was going on, and we thought we were going crackers. It was insane, going around London on it. We thought when we went to the club that it was on fire and then we thought it was a premiere and that it was just an ordinary light
    outside. We thought, "Sh*t, what's going on here?" We were cackling in the streets, and then people were shouting, "Let's break a window."We were just insane. We were just out of our heads.

We finally got on the lift. We all thought there was a fire on it; there was just a little red light, and we were all screaming "Aaaagh" -- like that -- and we were all hot and hysterical. We arrived on the floor -- this was a discotheque and that
    was up a building -- and the lift stops, and the door opens and we were all "Aaaagh." We see that it's the club and we walk in and we sit down and the table's elongating.

I think we went to eat before that, and it was just like this thing I had read describing the effects of opium, and I thought, "F*ck! It's happening."

-- John Lennon, from his 1971 Rolling Stone interview

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)