• Re: "Let It Be" on "The Ed Sullivan Show"

From gary chambers@21:1/5 to zippl...@gmail.com on Thu Oct 7 13:22:58 2021
    On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 1:05:42 AM UTC-4, zippl...@gmail.com wrote:
    I didn’t see the film version of the song “Let it Be” until about 1985 or later. YouTube recently has shown various
    camera angles of the song, some very boring, and showing Paul sitting sideways.

The film Clip Ed Sullivan showed us was indeed The Beatles doing a version of "Let it Be" from their movie. I don't think it was the version from the single or the album
    since they performed the song many times in rehearsals...
    But it was either before or after Ed showed us "Let it Be" . He showed us another video clip, taken from the same movie "let it Be" it was
    "Two Of Us" this time. Paul played his Martin Acoustic Guitar, Ringo in the back up on drums. George, sitting down playing bass but using in Fender Telecaster, and playing low notes.
    John sitting down next to Yoko, playing guitar, singing backup and.... whistling... Take a look https://vimeo.com/281265758 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From super70s@21:1/5 to gary chambers on Wed Jan 10 11:59:51 2024
    On 2021-10-07 20:22:58 +0000, gary chambers said:

On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 1:05:42 AM UTC-4, zippl...@gmail.com wrote:
    I didn’t see the film version of the song “Let it Be” until about 1985 >> or later. YouTube recently has shown various> camera angles of the
    song, some very boring, and showing Paul sitting sideways.

The film Clip Ed Sullivan showed us was indeed The Beatles doing a
    version of "Let it Be" from their movie. I don't think it was the
    version from the single or the album
    since they performed the song many times in rehearsals...
    But it was either before or after Ed showed us "Let it Be" . He showed
    us another video clip, taken from the same movie "let it Be" it was"Two
    Of Us" this time. Paul played his Martin Acoustic Guitar, Ringo in the
    back up on drums. George, sitting down playing bass but using in Fender Telecaster, and playing low notes.
    John sitting down next to Yoko, playing guitar, singing backup and.... whistling... Take a look https://vimeo.com/281265758 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️

If it was Sunday April 12 that was the day after the ax fell, was that mentioned at all?

"Let It Be" was the No. 1 single, until "ABC" took over the last couple
    of weeks in the month.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)