• Was the Zodiac Killer a Fan of the Yellow Submarine Film?

From Norbert K@21:1/5 to All on Fri Oct 1 06:55:16 2021
    Most devotees of the unsolved Zodiac Killer case believe that the unidentified murderer was a lover of movies and theater. The belief that he was a theater buff is based on the Zodiac's repeated quoting from Gilbert & Sullivan's The Mikado -- and on the
    notion that Zodiac hailed the taxi cab (whose driver he would murder) in one of San Francisco's supposed theater districts. The idea that the Zodiac was a movie-nut is based on a claim to that effect from reporter Paul Avery, and on seeming references
    to movies in a couple of the killer's letters.

I think all of this is completely mistaken. Nonetheless, the Zodiac did include a phrase familiar to Beatles fans, in this letter of 1971:

"This is the Zodiac speaking. Like I have always said, I am crack proof. If the Blue Meannies are ever going to catch me, they had best get off their fat asses + do something. Because the longer they fiddle + fart around, the more slaves I will
    collect for my after life. I do have to give them credit for stumbling across my riverside activity, but they are only finding the easy ones, there are a hell of a lot more down there.

"The reason I'm writing to the [LA] Times is this, they don't bury me on the back pages like some of the others.

SFPD -- 0
    [Zodiac symbol of circle with cross-hairs] -- 17 +

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Mack A. Damia@21:1/5 to norbertkosky69@gmail.com on Fri Oct 1 10:09:58 2021
    On Fri, 1 Oct 2021 06:55:16 -0700 (PDT), Norbert K
    <norbertkosky69@gmail.com> wrote:

Most devotees of the unsolved Zodiac Killer case believe that the unidentified murderer was a lover of movies and theater. The belief that he was a theater buff is based on the Zodiac's repeated quoting from Gilbert & Sullivan's The Mikado -- and on
    the notion that Zodiac hailed the taxi cab (whose driver he would murder) in one of San Francisco's supposed theater districts. The idea that the Zodiac was a movie-nut is based on a claim to that effect from reporter Paul Avery, and on seeming
    references to movies in a couple of the killer's letters.

I think all of this is completely mistaken. Nonetheless, the Zodiac did include a phrase familiar to Beatles fans, in this letter of 1971:

"This is the Zodiac speaking. Like I have always said, I am crack proof. If the Blue Meannies are ever going to catch me, they had best get off their fat asses + do something. Because the longer they fiddle + fart around, the more slaves I will
    collect for my after life. I do have to give them credit for stumbling across my riverside activity, but they are only finding the easy ones, there are a hell of a lot more down there.

"The reason I'm writing to the [LA] Times is this, they don't bury me on the back pages like some of the others.

SFPD -- 0

I bought a Zodiac Sea Wolf the year before the murders began. Got it
    at the BX in the military, 1967.

Look at the symbol above the writing on the face.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274571536884?hash=item3fedbd29f4:g:w4cAAOSwYFpfrNlt

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mack A. Damia@21:1/5 to norbertkosky69@gmail.com on Fri Oct 1 10:58:18 2021
    On Fri, 1 Oct 2021 10:51:42 -0700 (PDT), Norbert K
    <norbertkosky69@gmail.com> wrote:

On Friday, October 1, 2021 at 1:10:13 PM UTC-4, Mack A. Damia wrote:
    <norbert...@gmail.com> wrote:

Most devotees of the unsolved Zodiac Killer case believe that the unidentified murderer was a lover of movies and theater. The belief that he was a theater buff is based on the Zodiac's repeated quoting from Gilbert & Sullivan's The Mikado -- and on
    the notion that Zodiac hailed the taxi cab (whose driver he would murder) in one of San Francisco's supposed theater districts. The idea that the Zodiac was a movie-nut is based on a claim to that effect from reporter Paul Avery, and on seeming

SFPD -- 0

I've heard they're excellent watches. It is indeed a popular belief among students of the case that the unknown killer obtained his name and symbol from the watch.

Didn't last too long - but I never had it cleaned/serviced.

It got moisture in the face, and eventually stopped working, but that
    was in 1970, so the watch only lasted me three years. Can't recall
    what I did with it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Norbert K@21:1/5 to Mack A. Damia on Fri Oct 1 10:51:42 2021
    On Friday, October 1, 2021 at 1:10:13 PM UTC-4, Mack A. Damia wrote:
    <norbert...@gmail.com> wrote:

SFPD -- 0

I've heard they're excellent watches. It is indeed a popular belief among students of the case that the unknown killer obtained his name and symbol from the watch.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05