• Strangest Beatles Song Interpretations

From Norbert K@21:1/5 to All on Mon Sep 27 04:51:55 2021
    This could be a fun topic. Some of the strange interpretations of Beatles songs I've heard are:

The "bird" in Norweigian Wood" is a lesbian.

The "Yellow Submarine" is a code for the barbituate Nembutal.

The man who "blew his mind out in a car" in "Day in the Life" was Paul McCartney.

And -- this one, from Charles Manson, takes the cake -- "Revolution #9" is a code for the New Testament's Revelation Nine aka The Apocalypse of John. The British Band, Manson convinced his LSD-addled followers, called themselves the Beatles because
    they were the locusts described in this Bibilical passage, which are said to have emerged from smoke and descended upon the earth. (This and many other deranged Mansonesque interpretations of the Beatles can be found in Ed Sanders' The Family.)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From geoff@21:1/5 to Norbert K on Tue Sep 28 11:52:11 2021
    On 28/09/2021 12:51 am, Norbert K wrote:
    This could be a fun topic. Some of the strange interpretations of Beatles songs I've heard are:

The man who "blew his mind out in a car" in "Day in the Life" was Paul McCartney.

Of course it was - "IF28" !

geoff

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From curtissdubois@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Norbert K on Tue Sep 28 07:20:59 2021
    On Monday, September 27, 2021 at 7:51:57 AM UTC-4, Norbert K wrote:

And -- this one, from Charles Manson, takes the cake -- "Revolution #9" is a code for the New Testament's Revelation Nine aka The Apocalypse of John. The British Band, Manson convinced his LSD-addled followers, called themselves the Beatles because
    they were the locusts described in this Bibilical passage, which are said to have emerged from smoke and descended upon the earth. (This and many other deranged Mansonesque interpretations of the Beatles can be found in Ed Sanders' The Family.)

Father MacKenzie is Eleanor Rigby's murderer. The "help" in ":Help From My Friends" is marijuana.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Norbert K@21:1/5 to geoff on Wed Sep 29 04:51:54 2021
    On Monday, September 27, 2021 at 6:52:19 PM UTC-4, geoff wrote:
    On 28/09/2021 12:51 am, Norbert K wrote:

Of course it was - "IF28" !

geoff

And what's a leftie doing holding a cigarette in his right hand? That barefooted guy is clearly an imposter!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From super70s@21:1/5 to curtis...@gmail.com on Thu Sep 30 18:50:41 2021
    In article <e38ebf9d-d32f-4136-8d8c-d670cf625948n@googlegroups.com>,
    "curtis...@gmail.com" <curtissdubois@gmail.com> wrote:

Father MacKenzie is Eleanor Rigby's murderer.

That seems to have the most literary value of any of their songs, I can remember talking about it a little in a college English class when it
    was included in a textbook.

MacKenzie as a murderer is a new one on me though.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05