• Re: Who is Rabindra Danks?

From JS@21:1/5 to All on Fri Sep 24 20:34:29 2021
    Jeanette & others who knew Ralph (Rabindra),

I am looking for relatives & friends of Ralph's as I have something to share. I was one of his band mates in Tokyo and have made a memorial video with sound and video recordings of Ralph on stage that I plan to put on YouTube as a "private" video.
    Would love to share it with you, before that perhaps get more images to include in the slideshow part of the video, and also check on its accuracy, so would be fantastic if you -- especially Jeanette -- could get in touch with me.

And if you, or anyone, could offer any help as to how to get in touch with Ralph's son, that also would be great.

Though I did hit "reply to all" before typing this message, am not sure if this will actually get to all who have posted above, nor am I familiar with how more direct contact might be made. Maybe the best way would be for anyone interested to both reply
    in this forum and send me an email directly at swigmeister at gmail dot com.

Anyhow, I have some great footage & recordings of Ralph playing & singing on stage -- which i dug out of storage recently & was surprised I even had -- so would love to share with others who knew Ralph & the awesome person he was!

Jeff

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From S-M Robinson@21:1/5 to All on Sat Dec 4 06:25:41 2021
    Jeff-

I knew Ralph as well, and would love to see your video. I spent a lot of time with Ralph in London and in Tokyo. I’m an American writer and director, and sang for Ralph in karaoke while he played guitar. I had an interesting time with him when I had to
    help recover his wallet in London when he got kicked out of where he was staying after an incident with an oven.
    He couldn’t have been kinder to me. When I had next to nothing, he helped me with the funds to print out some scripts that I had wrote, and I still owe him for that.
    The reason I am looking for him and found this is that I am writing a story at the moment in which he is apart of. I always loved his jokes and his stories, but I can’t remember any of his signature jokes. Any help would be appreciated!
    They say live a life worth remembering. And Ralph certainly did. My favorite thing about him was how slippery he was. How he got into all manner of situations and found his way out. His story about escaping Scientology is one of my favorites.

-Sean

On Friday, September 24, 2021 at 9:34:31 PM UTC-6, JS wrote:
    Jeanette & others who knew Ralph (Rabindra),

I am looking for relatives & friends of Ralph's as I have something to share. I was one of his band mates in Tokyo and have made a memorial video with sound and video recordings of Ralph on stage that I plan to put on YouTube as a "private" video.
    Would love to share it with you, before that perhaps get more images to include in the slideshow part of the video, and also check on its accuracy, so would be fantastic if you -- especially Jeanette -- could get in touch with me.

And if you, or anyone, could offer any help as to how to get in touch with Ralph's son, that also would be great.

Though I did hit "reply to all" before typing this message, am not sure if this will actually get to all who have posted above, nor am I familiar with how more direct contact might be made. Maybe the best way would be for anyone interested to both
    reply in this forum and send me an email directly at swigmeister at gmail dot com.

Anyhow, I have some great footage & recordings of Ralph playing & singing on stage -- which i dug out of storage recently & was surprised I even had -- so would love to share with others who knew Ralph & the awesome person he was!

Jeff

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)