• Beatles bring it in for a landing...

From cuppajoe2go@21:1/5 to All on Mon Sep 20 16:27:43 2021
    https://youtu.be/BNG-aLV9xEQ

This might have already been mentioned here but I only just discovered it. I think this guy's channel (Pop Goes The 60's) is fascinating. I've only watched a couple so far, this being one of them. The other I watched was a deep explanation of the Paul
    and George 'famous' argument during the filming of LIB. He goes deep and with rare excerpts and explanations! The Rascals are also featured - one of my favorite bands.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Norbert K@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 21 09:26:38 2021
    On Monday, September 20, 2021 at 7:27:45 PM UTC-4, cuppajoe2go wrote:

This might have already been mentioned here but I only just discovered it. I think this guy's channel (Pop Goes The 60's) is fascinating. I've only watched a couple so far, this being one of them. The other I watched was a deep explanation of the Paul
    and George 'famous' argument during the filming of LIB. He goes deep and with rare excerpts and explanations! The Rascals are also featured - one of my favorite bands.

I watched the one on the LiB dispute; it was interesting. I wasn't aware that "Two Of Us" started as a sort of silly-sounding (to my ears) electric guitar-based song. The primarily acoustic version they ended up with is so much better -- best song on
    LiB, in my opinion.

I'm sort of surprised that Paul didn't enter the studio with a more finished version of the song.

George's referring to Paul as "Paulina" -- had he done this before? Is he trying to diffuse the situation with humor, or attempting to get further under Paul's skin with a gibe?

Anyway, thanks Cuppa for letting us know about the channel.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From cuppajoe2go@21:1/5 to Norbert K on Tue Sep 21 11:04:04 2021
    On Tuesday, September 21, 2021 at 9:26:40 AM UTC-7, Norbert K wrote:

This might have already been mentioned here but I only just discovered it. I think this guy's channel (Pop Goes The 60's) is fascinating. I've only watched a couple so far, this being one of them. The other I watched was a deep explanation of the
    Paul and George 'famous' argument during the filming of LIB. He goes deep and with rare excerpts and explanations! The Rascals are also featured - one of my favorite bands.
    I watched the one on the LiB dispute; it was interesting. I wasn't aware that "Two Of Us" started as a sort of silly-sounding (to my ears) electric guitar-based song. The primarily acoustic version they ended up with is so much better -- best song on
    LiB, in my opinion.

I'm sort of surprised that Paul didn't enter the studio with a more finished version of the song.

George's referring to Paul as "Paulina" -- had he done this before? Is he trying to diffuse the situation with humor, or attempting to get further under Paul's skin with a gibe?

Anyway, thanks Cuppa for letting us know about the channel.
    LOL! Yeah, that "Paulina" crack from George knocked me right out of my chair! Also, it looks like Ringo's upcoming film date really did put an 'influence' on the whole production.
    And I think John came off much more sensible than I was led to believe.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From RJKellog@yahoo.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 22 05:32:02 2021

Paul does a heroic job of maintaining his polite demeanor while he's obviously very frustrated.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Norbert K@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 22 08:55:14 2021

I'm watching the episode on Yoko Ono's presence during the LiB sessions. It features a remarkable discussion between McCartney, Starr, Neil Aspinall, Michael Lindsay-Hogg, and Linda Eastman. This was during the time when Harrison had temporarily quit
    the band. Everybody's wondering how to deal with Yoko's dominating the group discussions and her speaking for John.

McCartney admits that the band "needs a central father figure to tell us, '9 AM. No girls. Leave the girlfriends at home.'" (I've often wondered how much longer the band would have lasted had Epstein not died.)

He adds, presciently, "50 years from now it will be incredible comic sort of thing. Because people will go: 'They broke up because Yoko sat on an amp.'" Except that there's nothing funny about it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Norbert K@21:1/5 to All on Sun Oct 3 05:55:12 2021

I just watched the one on the development of George's "Something." While there was no "This is brilliant, George; your best song yet" - sort of reaction, it's clear the other guys were eager to help Harrison along on it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05