• Ladies : Who Is The Sexiest Beatle ???

From Nil@21:1/5 to Rye Reid on Mon Sep 13 17:55:59 2021
    On 13 Sep 2021, Rye Reid <ryejaymesreid@gmail.com> wrote in
    rec.music.beatles:

This is the 21st century!

No, its not. This post is from the 20th century. You're 25 years late.

Who is it that assumes only women would
    have an opinion on which Of the four Beatles was the sexiest /
    cutest/ etc.? Even straight men today feel more confident in their masculinity to offer an opinion. I am a gay man, so I definitely
    have an opinion! In their early days with talent and youth to draw
    on, when the dressed alike and wore identical hairdos, It would be
    difficult for me to say; except I could say that Ringo was always
    distinctive looking. Paul had those fat cheeks, the round face,
    and slits for lips that definitely puts him out of the running as
    the best looking of the four, even Ringo. Those fat chipmunk
    cheeks, and those huge round eyes, like a Margaret D.H. Keane
    painting, while whimsical and adorable in her painting of
    children, are about as sexy as her subjects. But to each their
    own! Yeah? For me Pauls sex appeal hung solely on his talent. I
    might possibly be able to get past his big round head if I met him
    in person.

John was talented and cerebral, and that is definitely sexy! But
    the drugs, and the grungy period he and Yoko went through, when
    they posed naked, front and back, for that iconic poster was,
    frankly, ugly; enough to turn a gay man straight. Of course had I
    met him in person I’ve no doubt I would have found him extremely
    sexy, because he knew who he was, what he believed, and man enough
    to stand by his convictions. He was not a great looking man, even
    after he cut his hair and cleaned up.

George was, in my humble gay opinion, the best looking of all the
    Beatles. He had a great jaw line, great cheek bones, thoughtful
    eyes, in conjunction with his taciturn nature, made him both sexy
    and handsome.

He could have been Joe Schmo on the street and I would have
    invited him home and into my bed. The other Joe Schmo’s, John,
    Paul, and Ringo would need their talent, their youth, and their
    money to entice me.

On Monday, March 18, 1996 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, LGGsNmrl wrote:
    I just couldn't pass up replying to this.
    With all due apologies to fans of The Cute Beatle (and he is
    "cute"), the SEXIEST Beatle is...
    George.
    Why? He's just my "type." Skinny and goofy. But he's a Dark
    Horse, too. There's something in his eyes. His eyes hold secrets.
    And, he likes Monty Python almost as much as I do.
    Although, obviously, I wouldn't have kicked any of them out of my
    bed for eating crackers.
    Yours sincerely, wasting away,
    Lisa (she's not a girl who misses much)
    Find beauty in the banal, for it is everywhere. --Mark McKinney

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Rye Reid@21:1/5 to LGGsNmrl on Mon Sep 13 14:33:41 2021
    This is the 21st century! Who is it that assumes only women would have an opinion on which
    Of the four Beatles was the sexiest / cutest/ etc.? Even straight men today feel more confident in
    their masculinity to offer an opinion. I am a gay man, so I definitely have an opinion!
    In their early days with talent and youth to draw on, when the dressed alike and wore identical hairdos,
    It would be difficult for me to say; except I could say that Ringo was always distinctive looking.
    Paul had those fat cheeks, the round face, and slits for lips that definitely puts him out of the running
    as the best looking of the four, even Ringo. Those fat chipmunk cheeks, and those huge round eyes,
    like a Margaret D.H. Keane painting, while whimsical and adorable in her painting of children, are
    about as sexy as her subjects. But to each their own! Yeah? For me Pauls sex appeal hung solely on his
    talent. I might possibly be able to get past his big round head if I met him in person.

John was talented and cerebral, and that is definitely sexy! But the drugs, and the grungy period he
    and Yoko went through, when they posed naked, front and back, for that iconic poster was, frankly,
    ugly; enough to turn a gay man straight. Of course had I met him in person I’ve no doubt I would
    have found him extremely sexy, because he knew who he was, what he believed, and man enough
    to stand by his convictions. He was not a great looking man, even after he cut his hair and cleaned up.

George was, in my humble gay opinion, the best looking of all the Beatles. He had a great jaw line, great
    cheek bones, thoughtful eyes, in conjunction with his taciturn nature, made him both sexy and handsome.

He could have been Joe Schmo on the street and I would have invited him home and into my bed. The other
    Joe Schmo’s, John, Paul, and Ringo would need their talent, their youth, and their money to entice me.

With all due apologies to fans of The Cute Beatle (and he is "cute"), the SEXIEST Beatle is...
    George.
    Why? He's just my "type." Skinny and goofy. But he's a Dark Horse, too. There's something in his eyes. His eyes hold secrets. And, he likes
    Monty Python almost as much as I do.
    Although, obviously, I wouldn't have kicked any of them out of my bed for eating crackers.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Norbert K@21:1/5 to Rye Reid on Tue Sep 14 04:17:39 2021
    On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 5:33:42 PM UTC-4, Rye Reid wrote:
    This is the 21st century! Who is it that assumes only women would have an opinion on which
    Of the four Beatles was the sexiest / cutest/ etc.? Even straight men today feel more confident in
    their masculinity to offer an opinion. I am a gay man, so I definitely have an opinion!
    In their early days with talent and youth to draw on, when the dressed alike and wore identical hairdos,
    It would be difficult for me to say; except I could say that Ringo was always distinctive looking.
    Paul had those fat cheeks, the round face, and slits for lips that definitely puts him out of the running
    as the best looking of the four, even Ringo. Those fat chipmunk cheeks, and those huge round eyes,
    like a Margaret D.H. Keane painting, while whimsical and adorable in her painting of children, are
    about as sexy as her subjects. But to each their own! Yeah? For me Pauls sex appeal hung solely on his
    talent. I might possibly be able to get past his big round head if I met him in person.

John was talented and cerebral, and that is definitely sexy! But the drugs, and the grungy period he
    and Yoko went through, when they posed naked, front and back, for that iconic poster was, frankly,
    ugly; enough to turn a gay man straight. Of course had I met him in person I’ve no doubt I would
    have found him extremely sexy, because he knew who he was, what he believed, and man enough
    to stand by his convictions. He was not a great looking man, even after he cut his hair and cleaned up.

George was, in my humble gay opinion, the best looking of all the Beatles. He had a great jaw line, great
    cheek bones, thoughtful eyes, in conjunction with his taciturn nature, made him both sexy and handsome.

He could have been Joe Schmo on the street and I would have invited him home and into my bed. The other
    Joe Schmo’s, John, Paul, and Ringo would need their talent, their youth, and their money to entice me.
    With all due apologies to fans of The Cute Beatle (and he is "cute"), the SEXIEST Beatle is...
    George.
    Why? He's just my "type." Skinny and goofy. But he's a Dark Horse, too. There's something in his eyes. His eyes hold secrets. And, he likes
    Although, obviously, I wouldn't have kicked any of them out of my bed for eating crackers.

Now this is a fun topic that hasn't -- as far as I know -- been done before. Which Beatle has the most gay appeal? I would have guessed Paul -- but of course that is relying upon the heterosexual assumption that gay men go for pretty boys. And you
    make it clear, Rye, that you don't consider Paul pretty.

I hear you on John's grungy/drug/Yoko period. It turns *me* off as a fan. Your line about this phase being "enough to turn a gay man straight" made me chuckle.

George, you say? Interesting.

Thanks for posting!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sofia P@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 22 21:08:52 2021
    Hi, 25 years late,

As a nineteen-year-old woman who is tired of facing George slander in my real life - everyone I show him to says he's gangly and weird-looking and trash his unibrow (can you believe?!) - I feel compelled to use this as an outlet for my '
    GeorgeGeorgeGeorge' brain right now.

He's absolutely gorgeous (Georgeous?).

He fits all my subjective standards for attractiveness: I love tall, rail-thin men; dark hair; a strong jawline; prominent, even severe cheekbones (George is all in the cheekbones); a heavy brow bone and thick eyebrows; dark, hooded, and expressive eyes;
    well-shaped lips, with a fuller lower lip; and ears that stick out. I love his arms and hands too, especially while he plays. And his little goofy dances, laugh, and obsession over guitars! And his habits of constantly licking his lips and flipping his
    hair are...distracting.

Of course, intellect, humour, creativity, a sense of self, and charisma don't hurt. I'm glad George has a brain between those adorable ears - his music and personality (inasmuch as I can grasp it from videos/written accounts) are at least half of what
    makes him attractive. If he hadn't, I'd have to admit how shallow I am: he'd still be leagues sexier to me than any other man, certainly the other Beatles. He's the one with the most 'present' or 'forward' sexuality for me: Ringo being more affable and
    sweet, Paul being more boyish, and John always concealing something of himself through the self-defense of caustic wit. George is at once as sexually young and unassuming as he is self-possessed and beguiling.

But the most captivating things about George: his smile and his voice. He always had the most unique, beaming smile, especially before he got cosmetic surgery on his 'fangs', and it showed off his dimples! I go completely weak for British accents, but
    the beautiful tone and slow cadence of George's voice draws me in more than the others'. I adore his singing voice too; I think his early vocal performances on Hamburg bootlegs and the BBC recordings are so fantastic and underappreciated.

He could have easily been a model. Not only for his looks, but for the way he could always find an interesting pose for a photo, wear clothes with such confidence (they never 'wore him', despite his lean frame), and capture the camera with his eyes. Even
    in candid shots, you can see there's something lithe, even artistic, about his movements and posture.

The man radiates intensity and sex. I think it's his Scorpio rising. :)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Norbert K@21:1/5 to Sofia P on Thu Sep 23 04:41:06 2021
    On Thursday, September 23, 2021 at 12:08:54 AM UTC-4, Sofia P wrote:
    Hi, 25 years late,

As a nineteen-year-old woman who is tired of facing George slander in my real life - everyone I show him to says he's gangly and weird-looking and trash his unibrow (can you believe?!) - I feel compelled to use this as an outlet for my '
    GeorgeGeorgeGeorge' brain right now.

He's absolutely gorgeous (Georgeous?).

He fits all my subjective standards for attractiveness: I love tall, rail-thin men; dark hair; a strong jawline; prominent, even severe cheekbones (George is all in the cheekbones); a heavy brow bone and thick eyebrows; dark, hooded, and expressive
    eyes; well-shaped lips, with a fuller lower lip; and ears that stick out. I love his arms and hands too, especially while he plays. And his little goofy dances, laugh, and obsession over guitars! And his habits of constantly licking his lips and flipping
    his hair are...distracting.

Of course, intellect, humour, creativity, a sense of self, and charisma don't hurt. I'm glad George has a brain between those adorable ears - his music and personality (inasmuch as I can grasp it from videos/written accounts) are at least half of what
    makes him attractive. If he hadn't, I'd have to admit how shallow I am: he'd still be leagues sexier to me than any other man, certainly the other Beatles. He's the one with the most 'present' or 'forward' sexuality for me: Ringo being more affable and
    sweet, Paul being more boyish, and John always concealing something of himself through the self-defense of caustic wit. George is at once as sexually young and unassuming as he is self-possessed and beguiling.

But the most captivating things about George: his smile and his voice. He always had the most unique, beaming smile, especially before he got cosmetic surgery on his 'fangs', and it showed off his dimples! I go completely weak for British accents, but
    the beautiful tone and slow cadence of George's voice draws me in more than the others'. I adore his singing voice too; I think his early vocal performances on Hamburg bootlegs and the BBC recordings are so fantastic and underappreciated.

He could have easily been a model. Not only for his looks, but for the way he could always find an interesting pose for a photo, wear clothes with such confidence (they never 'wore him', despite his lean frame), and capture the camera with his eyes.
    Even in candid shots, you can see there's something lithe, even artistic, about his movements and posture.

The man radiates intensity and sex. I think it's his Scorpio rising. :)

This is a wonderful piece of writing. You have made your case -- with style to spare. Keep posting; we need contributors like you.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Joe Mahoney@21:1/5 to LGGsNmrl on Fri Sep 24 08:06:20 2021
    On Monday, March 18, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, LGGsNmrl wrote:
    George.

My wife considers John the sexiest of them, for his quick wit and leadership qualities during the early and middle phases of the group.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sofia P@21:1/5 to Norbert K on Fri Sep 24 09:37:56 2021
    On Thursday, September 23, 2021 at 7:41:08 AM UTC-4, Norbert K wrote:

This is a wonderful piece of writing. You have made your case -- with style to spare. Keep posting; we need contributors like you.

Thank you very much! It's very appreciated. I agonized for so long about whether to post it because I'm usually against broadcasting my thoughts on the internet. But I just needed to make the case for George, and wanted to take a moment to analyze what I
    think sets him apart rather than just spilling an incoherent 'oh god he's sexy yes the skinniness the cheekbones' ramble all over the keyboard, which is kind of what's constantly going on in my head.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Norbert K@21:1/5 to Sofia P on Sun Sep 26 04:58:01 2021
    On Friday, September 24, 2021 at 12:37:58 PM UTC-4, Sofia P wrote:
    On Thursday, September 23, 2021 at 7:41:08 AM UTC-4, Norbert K wrote:

Thank you very much! It's very appreciated. I agonized for so long about whether to post it because I'm usually against broadcasting my thoughts on the internet. But I just needed to make the case for George, and wanted to take a moment to analyze what
    I think sets him apart rather than just spilling an incoherent 'oh god he's sexy yes the skinniness the cheekbones' ramble all over the keyboard, which is kind of what's constantly going on in my head.

I hear you. My local news channel has the most beautiful meteorologist in the world. Her forecasts are totally trustworthy. However, I find myself mesmerized by her eyes, her long hair, her incredible figure, the way she moves, etc.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05