• What Does "Egg-man" Refer To?

From Norbert K@21:1/5 to hector on Thu Sep 9 10:07:40 2021
    On Sunday, September 8, 2019 at 9:46:27 AM UTC-4, hector wrote:
    On 7/09/2019 2:57 AM, Norbert K wrote:
    I know of two theories. First, it's indisputable that some of Lennon's songs -- "I Am the Walrus" in particular -- were influenced by the writings of Lewis Carroll. In "Through the Looking Glass," Carroll introduces Humpty Dumpty as follows: "HOWEVER,
    the egg only got larger and larger, and more and more human; when she had come within a few yards of it, she saw that it had eyes and a nose and a mouth..."

Another theory is that "Egg-man" is a reference to Animals' vocalist Eric Burdon. Different versions of the story exist; but Burdon claims in his autobiography that, while he was cooking breakfast for himself in the nude, a Jamaican girlfriend
    slipped an amyl nitrate capsule under his nose. He slid to the floor -- and the woman cracked an egg on his stomach. Burdon claims that a bit later, he was partying with Lennon, several blondes and a petite Asian girl. He told Lennon the story about the
    Jamaican girlfriend and the egg; Lennon was delighted by it; and when Burdon initiated sex with one of the girls, Lennon encouraged him wih: "Go on, egg-man! Go get it!"

Vincent Price played Egg Head on Batman at the time.

The answer is in the documentary "Magical Mystery Tour Memories," which is on Youtube. There was a guy whose job was delivering eggs. His route included a pub. Once, he made a delivery to the pub while John Lennon was present, and the proprietor
    greeted him with, ""Ah, the egg man's here."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Dennis Rowan@21:1/5 to All on Thu Sep 9 13:40:47 2021
    I always thought it was because for a while he thought his significant other's first name was Yolko!!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From curtissdubois@gmail.com@21:1/5 to dennis...@gmail.com on Tue Sep 27 06:50:38 2022
    On Thursday, September 9, 2021 at 4:40:49 PM UTC-4, dennis...@gmail.com wrote:
    I always thought it was because for a while he thought his significant other's first name was Yolko!!

Nice!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05