• How Come the Beatles Could Function While High?

From RJKellog@yahoo.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Aug 26 06:10:33 2022
    Okay, so I've tried many times over the years to get bands going. In what venues would we play? Who the fuck knows! First we'd have to learn to play well together, and then get a setlist established

Here's the problem I've had. My would-be bandmates always showed up stoned, or prepared to be stoned. And they couldn't keep time or remember the changes. Our practice sessions would be disgusting messes that would have embarrassed any teenaged
    aspiring band in the 80s.

Finally, I threw in the towel. "Working" with stones Is a contradiction in terms. They suck. At everything.

Here's the question. The Beatles - at least John and Paul, I'm not sure about RIngo -- liked marijuana. How come they COULD function as players and songwriters?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Norbert K@21:1/5 to RJKe...@yahoo.com on Mon Aug 29 07:05:19 2022
    On Friday, August 26, 2022 at 6:10:35 AM UTC-7, RJKe...@yahoo.com wrote:
    Okay, so I've tried many times over the years to get bands going. In what venues would we play? Who the fuck knows! First we'd have to learn to play well together, and then get a setlist established

Here's the problem I've had. My would-be bandmates always showed up stoned, or prepared to be stoned. And they couldn't keep time or remember the changes. Our practice sessions would be disgusting messes that would have embarrassed any teenaged
    aspiring band in the 80s.

Finally, I threw in the towel. "Working" with stones Is a contradiction in terms. They suck. At everything.

Here's the question. The Beatles - at least John and Paul, I'm not sure about RIngo -- liked marijuana. How come they COULD function as players and songwriters?

The Beatles had established themselves as performers and songwriters years before they shared their first joint.

They kept their priorities on music rather than getting stoned out of their heads. However, once John started "eating acid like candy," he did show up in the studio unable to function from time to time (see Geoff Emerick's book).

Today's marijuana is a hell of a lot stronger than what was available in the 60s. And today's potheads are different from those of earlier decades. old-school hippies espoused peace and love. Today's stoners -- at least the ones I've had the
    misfortune to come into contact with -- are Trump-worshipping, misogynistic, alt-right, Q-Anon believing psychotic freaks.

Taking the time to learn the basics of music is beyond their ever-shriveling mental capacities.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)