• Which Beatle Hated Yoko The Most?

From curtissdubois@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Aug 26 09:40:59 2021
    Okay, "hate" might be too strong. But who disliked her the most? My guess is it's either Paul or George. I saw a doc recently which claimed George was furious with Yoko for taking from a box of biscuits he had in the studio. If you like a person,
    you don't rage at her for taking a damn biscuit.

Paul perhaps has bigger reasons to dislike Yoko, but he hasn't overtly ranted about Yoko that I know. There have been occasional digs over the years.

I saw Ringo once do a parody of Yoko's vocals, then he caught himself, flashed the peace sign, and said "Love you, Yoko."

So which one is it? That's a serious question, I really don't know.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From cuppajoe2go@21:1/5 to curtis...@gmail.com on Thu Aug 26 11:25:09 2021
    On Thursday, August 26, 2021 at 9:41:01 AM UTC-7, curtis...@gmail.com wrote:
    Okay, "hate" might be too strong. But who disliked her the most? My guess is it's either Paul or George. I saw a doc recently which claimed George was furious with Yoko for taking from a box of biscuits he had in the studio. If you like a person, you
    don't rage at her for taking a damn biscuit.

Paul perhaps has bigger reasons to dislike Yoko, but he hasn't overtly ranted about Yoko that I know. There have been occasional digs over the years.

I saw Ringo once do a parody of Yoko's vocals, then he caught himself, flashed the peace sign, and said "Love you, Yoko."

I get the feeling George's claim of being furious over Yoko's digging into his Digestives was likely metaphoric, though I think I did see his biscuits sitting atop his amp in a couple of pictures. He was probably annoyed to his wit's end with her. Paul,
    on the other hand, had to deal with her "musical suggestions," among other things, a bit more and I feel he had the rights to mentally stamp a bullseye target directly on her forehead. Ask Paul and, ever the diplomat, you'll not get his truest inner
    thoughts. Man, I'd sure like to share a few toddies with Paul and get some unfiltered ruminations.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Norbert K@21:1/5 to All on Fri Aug 27 07:08:12 2021
    On Thursday, August 26, 2021 at 2:25:11 PM UTC-4, cuppajoe2go wrote:
    On Thursday, August 26, 2021 at 9:41:01 AM UTC-7, curtis...@gmail.com wrote:
    Okay, "hate" might be too strong. But who disliked her the most? My guess is it's either Paul or George. I saw a doc recently which claimed George was furious with Yoko for taking from a box of biscuits he had in the studio. If you like a person, you
    don't rage at her for taking a damn biscuit.

I get the feeling George's claim of being furious over Yoko's digging into his Digestives was likely metaphoric, though I think I did see his biscuits sitting atop his amp in a couple of pictures. He was probably annoyed to his wit's end with her. Paul,
    on the other hand, had to deal with her "musical suggestions," among other things, a bit more and I feel he had the rights to mentally stamp a bullseye target directly on her forehead. Ask Paul and, ever the diplomat, you'll not get his truest inner
    thoughts. Man, I'd sure like to share a few toddies with Paul and get some unfiltered ruminations.

I would, too. McCartney really has to be provoked before he will tackle the issue publicly. E.g., to Yoko's spectacularly bizarre "June with spoon" comments, McCartney replied, "She's said a lot of daft things over the years."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05