• Was Eugene Landy Brian Wilson's Yoko Ono?

From Norbert K@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jul 27 05:30:10 2021
    Eugene Landy is the quack therapist who had Brian Wilson under his control for several years. Why do I liken him to Yoko? He appeared in Wilson's life at a time when Wilson was too fried on LSD to perceive that he was being preyed upon. Landy exerted
    near-total control over Wilson, subjecting him to 24-hour "therapy." He convinced Wilson that he (Wilson) was helpless without this alleged therapy. He began to control Wilson's work, taking co-producer's credit for Wilson's first solo album. Landy
    tried to influence the work of the Beach Boys. And, appearing on television, Landy boasted that "Brian Wilson is proof that in my field, I'm an artist." At one point, Landy and Wilson had arranged for some sort of film being made to depict Landy's
    alleged rescue of Wilson.

There's footage of Landy & Wilson together on Youtube. It's exceedingly creepy. One video shows the two grown men physically enmeshed upon a couch, with Landy boasting of his benefit to Wilson -- who utters the occasional sycophantic grunt.

The difference is that Wilson's friends and family eventually intervened, obtaining a restraining order against Landy.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From cuppajoe2go@21:1/5 to Norbert K on Tue Jul 27 14:25:01 2021
    On Tuesday, July 27, 2021 at 5:30:13 AM UTC-7, Norbert K wrote:
    Eugene Landy is the quack therapist who had Brian Wilson under his control for several years. Why do I liken him to Yoko? He appeared in Wilson's life at a time when Wilson was too fried on LSD to perceive that he was being preyed upon. Landy exerted
    near-total control over Wilson, subjecting him to 24-hour "therapy." He convinced Wilson that he (Wilson) was helpless without this alleged therapy. He began to control Wilson's work, taking co-producer's credit for Wilson's first solo album. Landy tried
    to influence the work of the Beach Boys. And, appearing on television, Landy boasted that "Brian Wilson is proof that in my field, I'm an artist." At one point, Landy and Wilson had arranged for some sort of film being made to depict Landy's alleged
    rescue of Wilson.

There's footage of Landy & Wilson together on Youtube. It's exceedingly creepy. One video shows the two grown men physically enmeshed upon a couch, with Landy boasting of his benefit to Wilson -- who utters the occasional sycophantic grunt.

The difference is that Wilson's friends and family eventually intervened, obtaining a restraining order against Landy.
    On the surface (not really knowing their true relationship) it always seemed to me like another clear case of "opportunism."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Norbert K@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jul 29 05:07:47 2021
    On Tuesday, July 27, 2021 at 5:25:02 PM UTC-4, cuppajoe2go wrote:
    On Tuesday, July 27, 2021 at 5:30:13 AM UTC-7, Norbert K wrote:
    near-total control over Wilson, subjecting him to 24-hour "therapy." He convinced Wilson that he (Wilson) was helpless without this alleged therapy. He began to control Wilson's work, taking co-producer's credit for Wilson's first solo album. Landy tried
    to influence the work of the Beach Boys. And, appearing on television, Landy boasted that "Brian Wilson is proof that in my field, I'm an artist." At one point, Landy and Wilson had arranged for some sort of film being made to depict Landy's alleged
    rescue of Wilson.

On the surface (not really knowing their true relationship) it always seemed to me like another clear case of "opportunism."

Yep, I would say so. Landy also kept Wilson so doped on prescription meds that he wasn't able to grasp what Landy was up to.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From super70s@21:1/5 to swjenkins12@gmail.com on Thu Jul 29 07:10:38 2021
    In article <e03a2a23-5a82-4ef6-9478-3aee560a406cn@googlegroups.com>,
    cuppajoe2go <swjenkins12@gmail.com> wrote:

Then as wigged out as Wilson was at the time Landy could have prevented
    him from attempting to swim to Santa Catalina Island.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rink@21:1/5 to All on Tue Aug 3 15:16:34 2021
    Op 27-7-2021 om 14:30 schreef Norbert K:
    Eugene Landy is the quack therapist who had Brian Wilson under his control for several years. Why do I liken him to Yoko? He appeared in Wilson's life at a time when Wilson was too fried on LSD to perceive that he was being preyed upon. Landy
    exerted near-total control over Wilson, subjecting him to 24-hour "therapy." He convinced Wilson that he (Wilson) was helpless without this alleged therapy. He began to control Wilson's work, taking co-producer's credit for Wilson's first solo album.
    Landy tried to influence the work of the Beach Boys. And, appearing on television, Landy boasted that "Brian Wilson is proof that in my field, I'm an artist." At one point, Landy and Wilson had arranged for some sort of film being made to depict Landy'
    s alleged rescue of Wilson.

Please use another newsgroup like:
    alt.music.beach-boys
    rec.music.artists.beach-boys

Thank you!

Rink

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05