• John's Health During Last Days

From Norbert K@21:1/5 to All on Sun Feb 20 04:57:52 2022
    According to Albert Goldman, in November of 1980:

"Lennon was suffering at this time from doing too much coke. His ravaged appearance in his final days -- the big blue bags under his eyes and the death's head boniness of his face -- was underscored by the hole he had burned through his septum,
    which he was scheduled to have repaired (by grafting tissue from the roof of his mouth to the damaged divider) the week following his death."

I've heard about cocaine use having this effect on the inside of the nose before. Stevie Nicks, for example, suffered the same problem. It's usually the result of long-term snorting of the drug.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Dennis Rowan@21:1/5 to All on Mon Feb 21 10:08:22 2022
    Regular use of cocaine and cigarettes play havoc with all the soft tissue of the sinuses and mouth especially those around the teeth. I suppose John felt that the comforting and dopamine effects were worth it!

Happiness is a worn gum, baby!!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From RJKellog@yahoo.com@21:1/5 to dennis...@gmail.com on Mon Feb 21 10:37:05 2022
    On Monday, February 21, 2022 at 1:08:25 PM UTC-5, dennis...@gmail.com wrote:
    Regular use of cocaine and cigarettes play havoc with all the soft tissue of the sinuses and mouth especially those around the teeth. I suppose John felt that the comforting and dopamine effects were worth it!

Happiness is a worn gum, baby!!

Weight loss and paranoia are common side effects of heavy coke use, too.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05