• How Did I Do This?

From William Mahler@21:1/5 to All on Sat Oct 24 09:46:49 2020
    Hi,

Back on August 29, 2001,I took my Sony minidisc recorder and stereo microphone with me to open mic at the now defunct Prodigal Son coffee house.
    I managed to record to of my personal favorite originals.

"Prelude To September 11, 2001 - Leonda (I'm Coming Home)" and "Got Me Worldwide"

My imagination took over while recording prelude in front of a live audience, btw, this was the first time I ever performed the song ever.

In my mind almost at the 3 4/5 minute/second part of the song, I had seen the bust of Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein.

I didn't think anything of it, until I played the song backwards.

It sounds as if my english in reverse is complete Arabic and at that 3 4/5th mark, in English I'm plainly heard saying "I saw Saddam' in forwared but while listening in reverse of the entire song.

Led Zeppelins classic "Stairway To Heaven" is known for back masking. The band placed the sentence "must have been a bad boy for now I am Satan" into the song only hearing it while the song is played backward. They didn't do that naturally, they
    physically by using tape placed that sentence in its forward motion into the songs reverse motion.

I did not do that with my song, "I saw Saddam" is there as I recorded the song during its live performance, there without any backmasking as Led Zeppelin is on the record for doing and the only band that I know of that has done that, yet I am sure others
    have, I don't know who.

So, how did I place my imagination into spoken word forward while the song is played in reverse?

I honestly don't know how I did that so any explainations, thoughts, comments is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

William Mahler
    https://mahlers.net

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)