• this thing i heard about Brent 1990

From Beaver Fever@21:1/5 to All on Thu Mar 11 19:08:26 2021
    I notice no one is claiming to have seen him at the airport in Chicago or around town afterward.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Scott Dorsey@21:1/5 to Beaver_Fever@live.com on Tue Mar 16 16:46:10 2021
    In article <998c65e0-943c-4240-b8ed-bc9d155d6147n@googlegroups.com>,
    Beaver Fever <Beaver_Fever@live.com> wrote:
    I notice no one is claiming to have seen him at the airport in Chicago or around town afterward.

Are you implying that he is actually Elvis Presley in disguise?
    --scott

--
    "C'est un Nagra. C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From yoker56@21:1/5 to bmoore on Wed Mar 24 17:52:35 2021
    On Friday, February 19, 2021 at 12:25:10 PM UTC-5, bmoore wrote:
    On Thursday, February 18, 2021 at 8:23:13 PM UTC-8, Beaver Fever wrote:
    He dropped dead backstage and got shipped back with the equipment and then brought home

someone here gotta know

please discuss
    Effed up story. He did OD backstage once and the Dead took care of him, but he died at home another time, pretty sure.

No such thing as an ex-junkie, only a dead one. So sad.

Brent Myd­land died at his home on "My Road" in Lafayette, Cal­i­for­nia, on July 26, 1990, shortly after com­plet­ing the Grate­ful Dead's sum­mer tour. An au­topsy con­ducted by the Con­tra Costa Coro­ner's of­fice re­vealed that Myd­
    land had died of acute co­caine and nar­cotic in­tox­i­ca­tion. Richard Rainey, Con­tra Costa County coro­ner, stated that "Tox­i­col­ogy tests re­veal lethal lev­els of mor­phine and co­caine in the blood" a mix­ture "com­monly re­
    ferred to as a 'speed­ball'." He was the third Dead key­boardist to die (after found­ing mem­ber Ron "Pig­pen" McK­er­nan in 1973 and Keith God­chaux in 1980); Gar­cia said Myd­land's death was "crush­ing" and it abruptly closed a chap­
    ter of the band's career.

Myd­land is buried at Oak­mont Memo­r­ial Park in Lafayette, Cal­i­for­nia.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From yoker56@21:1/5 to Beaver Fever on Wed Mar 24 17:55:57 2021
    On Thursday, February 18, 2021 at 11:23:13 PM UTC-5, Beaver Fever wrote:
    He dropped dead backstage and got shipped back with the equipment and then brought home

someone here gotta know

please discuss

death.
    Brent Myd­land died at his home on "My Road" in Lafayette, Cal­i­for­nia, on July 26, 1990, shortly after com­plet­ing the Grate­ful Dead's sum­mer tour. An au­topsy con­ducted by the Con­tra Costa Coro­ner's of­fice re­vealed that Myd­
    land had died of acute co­caine and nar­cotic in­tox­i­ca­tion. Richard Rainey, Con­tra Costa County coro­ner at the time, stated that "Tox­i­col­ogy tests re­veal lethal lev­els of mor­phine and co­caine in the blood" a mix­ture "com­
    monly re­ferred to as a 'speed­ball'." He was the third Dead key­boardist to die (after found­ing mem­ber Ron "Pig­pen" McK­er­nan in 1973 and Keith God­chaux in 1980); Gar­cia said Myd­land's death was "crush­ing" and it abruptly closed
    a chap­ter of the band's career.

Myd­land is buried at Oak­mont Memo­r­ial Park in Lafayette, Cal­i­for­nia.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Beaver Fever@21:1/5 to All on Sun Mar 28 20:35:16 2021
    On Wednesday, March 24, 2021 at 5:55:58 PM UTC-7, yoker56 wrote:
    On Thursday, February 18, 2021 at 11:23:13 PM UTC-5, Beaver Fever wrote:

someone here gotta know

please discuss
    death.
    Brent Myd­land died at his home on "My Road" in Lafayette, Cal­i­for­nia, on July 26, 1990, shortly after com­plet­ing the Grate­ful Dead's sum­mer tour. An au­topsy con­ducted by the Con­tra Costa Coro­ner's of­fice re­vealed that Myd­
    land had died of acute co­caine and nar­cotic in­tox­i­ca­tion. Richard Rainey, Con­tra Costa County coro­ner at the time, stated that "Tox­i­col­ogy tests re­veal lethal lev­els of mor­phine and co­caine in the blood" a mix­ture "com­
    monly re­ferred to as a 'speed­ball'." He was the third Dead key­boardist to die (after found­ing mem­ber Ron "Pig­pen" McK­er­nan in 1973 and Keith God­chaux in 1980); Gar­cia said Myd­land's death was "crush­ing" and it abruptly closed a
    chap­ter of the band's career.
    Myd­land is buried at Oak­mont Memo­r­ial Park in Lafayette, Cal­i­for­nia.

do you think he knowed what was happening or was it an accident

like did he just go to sleep and never woke up is what I am saying

or was it like fuck this world with puke and shit splattered all over the room

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05