• Jon Hassell articles- JH in Canada, on tour in Europe

From Jason Gross@21:1/5 to All on Wed Dec 1 21:14:53 2021
    Greetings,

In the latest issue of Perfect Sound Forever <https://www.furious.com/perfect/index1221.html>, you'll find (among other things):

JON HASSELL
    Ethnomusicologist's Canadian Years, Part 1 by Andrew Timar
    "But how did he end up in at York U. in the first place? What forces brought Jon repeatedly to Canada until the 1980s to gig, teach, experiment, record several influential early albums and to live for several weeks in a former farm house located on
    Toronto’s northern city limits? Who were the musicians he met here with whom he developed close ties and who encouraged him at the outset of his “coffee-colored music” Fourth World personal quest?"

JON HASSELL
    On Tour in Europe- 1985 and 1988, by Thierry Guillemin
    "The first time [I toured with Jon] was in May 1985, the album Power Spot was not out yet. It was my first international Tour (I was 25). The tour started with 2 concerts in Paris, then Hamburg, Rotterdam, Bruxelles, Amsterdam (at the famous Paradiso),
    and Eindhoven. The band was Jon, Deano [J.A. Deane], Jean-Philippe [Rykiel] and Michael Brook. For the first concert in Paris, Brian Eno was there (but not playing!). We were back on the road in November (with Goran Vejvoda replacing Michael)."

We're always looking for good writers and/or ideas so let us know if you have anything to share.

See you online,
    Jason

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)