• Ted Anderson, where are you?

From t.j.braden@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jul 10 22:16:58 2018
    Hey Uncle Joel, Tyler here! Found this thread totally by accident surfing the web for Grandpa Ted one night. What a find lol! Did everyone on here manage to get re-acquainted?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From jakanderson2010@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jul 17 11:25:09 2018
    Hey Tyler. I'm your cousin Jake. This is pretty surreal huh? I found this years ago and showed my dad (Joel), who showed justin.

Found this link yesterday and thought it was pretty neat. My daughter loves music so I actually use grandpa as an inspiration to keep her interested.

http://www.ksmusichalloffame.org/KMHOF_Ballott_2018.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bobbovee46@gmail.com@21:1/5 to ray.p...@gmail.com on Sat Jun 27 22:00:57 2020
    Hello, Ray.
    I just happened to run across this old email online. You don't know me, but I used to come see you at the Jolly Coachman and maybe some of the Omaha coffee houses back in the early 60s. You're one of he people who turned me on to live folk music. I
    have devoted myself to that for the rest of my life, doing traditional music for a living since 1971. I hope you are doing well and want to thank you for what you did for me. Another question did you also know Dave Hammill (sp?) who used to play those
    same coffee houses, a great banjo player.
    Bob Bovee
    boveeheil.com

On Friday, August 16, 2013 at 3:12:25 PM UTC-5, ray.p...@gmail.com wrote:
    This is Ray Phoenix. I met Ted back in the early 1960's at a Coffee House called "The Jolly Coachman", back in Council Bluffs, Iowa. The manager, Gus Halminiack (as I recall) ran it for several years, eventually moving it to Omaha, where I also sang
    several times. Ted and I didn't sing together, but we shared the billing when the coffee house first opened, and had a good friendship.

I'd love to get in touch with Ted. I'm very sorry to hear of Marti's passing. She told me that she had independently written the same poem I did, which went like this:

Around the other side of the mountain
    I heard a star singing,
    with eternity by its side...
    And I followed.

I can remember her being pregnant around that time, and how luminous she was, and how happy.

Ted was a fine singer and a good friend, and I'd love to hear from him and to find out how he's doing these days.

Ray Phoenix
    619-961-7390

On Wednesday, May 17, 1995 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Edward Zuckerman wrote:
    Does anyone know the whereabouts of Ted Anderson, songwriter and folk performer, who used to appear at the old 12th of Never coffeehouse in Richton Park, Ill., during the late '60s...as well as other venues in
    the Chicago region. He previously was with a trio, The Hammer Singers, which was based in Wisconsin.

When last seen (by me), he was living with wife, Marti, and children,
    Joel and Bridget, in Kansas City area and was working with Stan Plesser and Good Karma Productions. If you see him, tell him an old friend is trying to find him.

Ed Zuckerman
    P.O. Box 1499
    Hedgesville, WV 25427

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From larryaxon@gmail.com@21:1/5 to sham...@yahoo.com on Fri Jul 24 13:13:21 2020
    On Wednesday, July 30, 2014 at 9:17:48 PM UTC-7, sham...@yahoo.com wrote:
    Hi, my name is Skip Goforth. I was Ted's drummer back about 1976 when he lived at the farmhouse south of Kansas City.

We had a lot of fun playing local gigs, and I thought he was a wonderful guy.

If he sees this, hello Ted,love you,man!

Skip Goforth
    Dixon, MO
    KFBD radio night DJ at 97.9 FM
    Rolla-Ft.Leonard Wood area.

Skip... My Man!
    This is Larry Axon. Yep, I remember when you and I played with Ted in that band. How are you my friend? Still kicking?
    I live in Tucson but I'm retired from computers and back FT with music (well, as FT as you can be in the CV19 crisis!).

Anyway, I'd love to hear from you.

Larry

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From larryaxon@gmail.com@21:1/5 to battl...@gmail.com on Fri Jul 24 13:11:43 2020
    On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 11:13:51 AM UTC-7, battl...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hey Skip I do remember you. Hit me up on Facebook if you would like Joel Anderson

Hey Joel. This is Larry Axon. We connected a few years back via you email and i ended up getting a paper letter from Ted. However, I'm terrible with paper and I lost it before I could write him back.

Sure like to get in touch with him. Is he still off the grid or does he have email, social media, or anything like that.

If so, can you pass my email to him and ask him to contact me?

Thanks,
    Larry

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Amelia Anderson@21:1/5 to Edward Zuckerman on Thu Nov 16 06:40:37 2023
    On Wednesday, May 17, 1995 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Edward Zuckerman wrote:
    Does anyone know the whereabouts of Ted Anderson, songwriter and folk performer, who used to appear at the old 12th of Never coffeehouse in Richton Park, Ill., during the late '60s...as well as other venues in
    the Chicago region. He previously was with a trio, The Hammer Singers,
    which was based in Wisconsin.
    When last seen (by me), he was living with wife, Marti, and children,
    Joel and Bridget, in Kansas City area and was working with Stan Plesser
    and Good Karma Productions. If you see him, tell him an old friend is
    trying to find him.
    Ed Zuckerman
    P.O. Box 1499
    Hedgesville, WV 25427

Hi all! This is Amelia Anderson, Ted's daughter in Nashville. I have come across this here and there, not sure if it is still active. Happy to help if anybody is still looking to get in touch.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Amelia Anderson@21:1/5 to larr...@gmail.com on Thu Nov 16 06:31:48 2023
    On Friday, July 24, 2020 at 3:13:22 PM UTC-5, larr...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Wednesday, July 30, 2014 at 9:17:48 PM UTC-7, sham...@yahoo.com wrote:
    Hi, my name is Skip Goforth. I was Ted's drummer back about 1976 when he lived at the farmhouse south of Kansas City.

We had a lot of fun playing local gigs, and I thought he was a wonderful guy.

If he sees this, hello Ted,love you,man!

Skip Goforth
    Dixon, MO
    KFBD radio night DJ at 97.9 FM
    Rolla-Ft.Leonard Wood area.
    Skip... My Man!
    This is Larry Axon. Yep, I remember when you and I played with Ted in that band. How are you my friend? Still kicking?
    I live in Tucson but I'm retired from computers and back FT with music (well, as FT as you can be in the CV19 crisis!).

Anyway, I'd love to hear from you.

Larry

Hi all! This is Amelia Anderson, Ted's daughter in Nashville. I have come across this here and there, not sure if it is still active. Happy to help if anybody is still looking to get in touch.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05