• Who wrote "The Fiddler" and when?

From cneff2015@comcast.net@21:1/5 to Sto...@hotmail.com on Tue Jun 26 19:03:55 2018
    On Thursday, February 15, 2018 at 2:10:04 PM UTC-5, Sto...@hotmail.com wrote:
    Hi, What is a "worthier spoon?" The correct lyric is "worthiest boon",also not "fine old chord", but "Final Chord". I'm sure Brahms would appreciate the correct lyrics.

We promise to grant THEE the worthies boon....

How the fiddler did dance, how the fiddle did sing. The ladies went dancing around in a ring. When at last he had played the final chord, the final chord, one lady said oh fiddler, come, and claim your reward. She tapped on his shoulder and she counted
    to ten. The fiddler stood tall and handsome again.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From cneff2015@comcast.net@21:1/5 to Sto...@hotmail.com on Tue Jun 26 18:55:21 2018
    On Thursday, February 15, 2018 at 2:10:04 PM UTC-5, Sto...@hotmail.com wrote:
    Hi, What is a "worthier spoon?" The correct lyric is "worthiest boon",also not "fine old chord", but "Final Chord". I'm sure Brahms would appreciate the correct lyrics.

Yes thank you. I was going to say exactly that. It is worthiest boon and final chord. My mother taught me the song in 1984. Her mother taught it to her in 1956.The exact square this fiddler crossed is The reconstructed Altstadt (Old Town), the site of Rö
    merberg, a square that hosts an annual Christmas market.It can be searched in Google Maps today. am Main is pronounced like Mine and it is the name of the river beside it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tanya Engesser@21:1/5 to Abby Sale on Sat May 29 10:34:41 2021
    On Thursday, June 20, 1996 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Abby Sale wrote:
    On Mon, 17 Jun 1996 12:07:16 +1000, Christine Barnes <c...@libserver.canberra.edu.au> wrote:

I'm trying to find who wrote the following song and when it was written.
    It seems to have a German influence in the names Frankfurt am Main and >Walburgis (a German festival), but the tune sounds Elizabethan.
    Please let me know what you find out on this. I'd bet at least 25 cents - maybe even 50 cents - the song, or at least this version was written in
    the last ten years. It seems too obvious a devil & witch thing to be an
    old song.
    Nicely worded though. =========================================================================
    I am Abby Sale - abby...@sundial.net
    And I quote:
    The real question for 1988 is whether we're going to go forward to
    tomorrow or past to the -- to the back!
    -- Vice President Dan Quayle =========================================================================
    I'll take that fifty cents ;~)
    I remember singing this song in high school (graduated in 1983), and the sheet music was yellowed and frail at the time.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05