• New Dennis Song Found.....!

From The old geezer@21:1/5 to All on Sun Dec 29 04:25:55 2019
    Over The Waves: The Beach Boys Release Copyright Extension EP “1969: I’m Going Your Way”

December 27, 2019 By Sam Stone 2 Comments

DOWNLOAD FROM AMAZON.COM

We interrupt our Xmas hiatus for this special report…

Following the band’s wide-reaching copyright extension releases the last few years, Beach Boys fans have been expecting some rarities vintage 1969 to enjoy as the year wraps up. Today, Capitol/UMG quietly released 1969: I’m Going Your Way, this year
    s digital-only round-up of rarities but fans will no doubt be disappointed by its limited scope.

While 2018 saw the release of three albums’ worth of rare material (On Tour: 1968 , Wake the World: The Friends Sessions, and I Can Hear Music: The 20/20 Sessions), this year’s Beach Boys copyright extension equals out to little more than a single.
    The three-track release kicks off with an alternate vocal version of the 1970 Dennis Wilson outtake “I’m Going Your Way” from the Sunflower sessions. Another Dennis Wilson Sunflower track, “Slip On Through,” is represented by an early
    instrumental take that’s more psychedelic than the album cut. The collection closes out with a madcap run-through of composer Juventino Rosas’ 1888 waltz “Carnival (Over the Waves)” which was once considered for Sunflower. Though a rough one-
    minute version has circulated before, 1969: I’m Going Your Way officially premieres the complete 2:43 take, whether you wanted it or not.

Given the brevity of 1969: I’m Going Your Way compared to the comprehensive sets of years passed, we’re left to wonder what might happen to the other Sunflower-era material that BRI would normally collect on this sort of release. Could a larger
    physical box set be on the way? Well, we at The Second Disc HQ usually wait for official confirmation, but fans are reporting around the ‘net that both Al Jardine and Bruce Johnston have mentioned an upcoming collection of Sunflower and Surf’s Up
    material possibly due in the new year. Anything can happen and so much can change, but we’re crossing our fingers for a deep dive in a physical format into that fertile, transitional period of The Beach Boys’ career. While we wait and see, this
    strangely delightful if frustratingly brief EP will have to do.

1969: I’m Going Your Way is available now on streaming services and digital download providers. You can listen to it in the Spotify widget below, or follow the links to your preferred service.

The Beach Boys, 1969: I’m Going Your Way (Capitol/UMG, 2019) (Amazon U.S. / Apple Music / Spotify / Tidal)

I’m Going Your Way – alternate vocal take
    Slip On Through – early version
    Carnival (Over The Waves)

Also available in lossless FLAC at 16bit/44.1kHz from Quobuz.

TOG

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)