• SUNTONES "complete works" on CD!!

From richardcarey07@gmail.com@21:1/5 to TWACOUSTIX on Wed Jan 18 11:39:48 2017
    On Tuesday, March 7, 1995 at 1:15:21 PM UTC-5, TWACOUSTIX wrote:
    Please allow me to test the waters here by seeking the level of interest
    from all bbshop netters in acquiring a compiliation CD box set of SUNTONES recordings.

They were the 1961 SPEBSQSA Champions and aside from touring around N. America for some 30 years, released 10 albums. The only bbshop quartet to release more recordings than the SUNTONES was the BUFFALO BILLS of the
    Music Man fame.

At this point the only SUNTONES music on CD is the AIC's Masterworks
    release which contains 23 songs. Would anyone be interested in obtaining
    a box set of some 140+ songs?

The project is at "ground zero" at this point, but your positive feedback
    on the subject will be forwarded to members of the SUNTONES to give them a nudge and get all their music digitally remastered and released in CD
    format. Many of you already know that my dad, Harlan Wilson was the
    baritone singer of the SUNTONES.

Send your feedback on the subject to
    Todd Wilson
    <twacoustix@aol.com>
    Todd Wilson, <twacoustix@aol.com>

Thanks for this. Is anything further along? My wife and I used "Audacity" to create our own versions of 7 of the albums. Apparently we are missing some albums. We listen often, and know many by heart. We are both Barbershoppers, and love the harmony.
    Let me know what all the albums are titled. I hope these are really masters, so you can get the good sound. By the way, who was the Lead when they won 1st place at SPEBSQSA? We would be interested in a box set if the price wasn't too high.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From wbloom@ps8brooklyn.org@21:1/5 to richard...@gmail.com on Thu Jan 19 05:03:52 2017
    On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 2:39:49 PM UTC-5, richard...@gmail.com wrote:
    Please allow me to test the waters here by seeking the level of interest from all bbshop netters in acquiring a compiliation CD box set of SUNTONES recordings.

They were the 1961 SPEBSQSA Champions and aside from touring around N. America for some 30 years, released 10 albums. The only bbshop quartet to release more recordings than the SUNTONES was the BUFFALO BILLS of the Music Man fame.

At this point the only SUNTONES music on CD is the AIC's Masterworks release which contains 23 songs. Would anyone be interested in obtaining

The project is at "ground zero" at this point, but your positive feedback on the subject will be forwarded to members of the SUNTONES to give them a nudge and get all their music digitally remastered and released in CD format. Many of you already know that my dad, Harlan Wilson was the baritone singer of the SUNTONES.

Todd Wilson
    <twacoustix@aol.com>

Thanks for this. Is anything further along? My wife and I used "Audacity" to create our
    own versions of 7 of the albums. Apparently we are missing some albums. We listen
    often, and know many by heart. We are both Barbershoppers, and love the harmony. Let
    me know what all the albums are titled. I hope these are really masters, so you can get
    the good sound. By the way, who was the Lead when they won 1st place at SPEBSQSA?
    We would be interested in a box set if the price wasn't too high.

Seeing as the original post is 22 years old, I would imagine it came along long ago.

-- wb

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From pak1@juno.com@21:1/5 to TWACOUSTIX on Sat Jul 28 10:36:32 2018
    Please allow me to test the waters here by seeking the level of interest
    from all bbshop netters in acquiring a compiliation CD box set of SUNTONES recordings.

They were the 1961 SPEBSQSA Champions and aside from touring around N. America for some 30 years, released 10 albums. The only bbshop quartet to release more recordings than the SUNTONES was the BUFFALO BILLS of the
    Music Man fame.

At this point the only SUNTONES music on CD is the AIC's Masterworks
    release which contains 23 songs. Would anyone be interested in obtaining

The project is at "ground zero" at this point, but your positive feedback
    on the subject will be forwarded to members of the SUNTONES to give them a nudge and get all their music digitally remastered and released in CD
    format. Many of you already know that my dad, Harlan Wilson was the
    baritone singer of the SUNTONES.

Todd Wilson
    <twacoustix@aol.com>

Have you completed your project for the 140+ songs? If so, please send details to me--and thanks

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05