• Re: Casta Diva Original Key

From Dale Shepherd@21:1/5 to king...@yahoo.com on Sun Oct 10 22:44:46 2021
    On Thursday, March 7, 2019 at 9:40:45 PM UTC-6, king...@yahoo.com wrote:
    On Wednesday, March 6, 2019 at 9:51:18 PM UTC-6, razzking wrote:
    On Wednesday, March 6, 2019 at 9:46:19 PM UTC-6, razzking wrote:
    On Wednesday, March 6, 2019 at 11:50:52 AM UTC-6, elena...@gmail.com wrote:
    Is the “Mira o Norma” duet between Norma and Adalgisa ever sung in Eb. What is the history with that? What key is traditional? I’ve only heard it in F but a mezzo friend wants to sing it with me in Eb but I have never heard anyone do it in
    that key and wouldn’t it be embarrassing if someone from the audience knew and thought we couldn’t sing it in F so why sing it at all. Any comments?

I looked up some sheet music and they all have it shown as being in "F"

A one semi-tone transposition will likely not be noticed. If there's one person in the crown with that good an ear, it'll be literally ONE person. One semi-tone is not exactly real cheating. Are you all trying to sell yourselves as "gen-yew-INE", big
    time opera singers?. If so you might be flirting with trouble. If not, 1 semi-tone won't get you in the papers.
    D'OH! Meant to say TWO-SEMI TONES
    Don't know if this thread is still alive. It's actually easier to find Mira o Norma performed in Eb, going back to at least Callas. I'm more surprised when I hear it performed in F. I saw it at the Met in 2013 and it was in Eb, but then they brought it
    back in with Radvanovsky (whom I saw in 2013) and Joyce DiDonato and it was performed in F. I didn't see that one live, so I don't remember the year.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)