• Waking the Spirit - book update

From Andrew Schulman@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jun 13 14:09:25 2017
    Some of the people who post here helped keep a book project going a couple of years ago when I did an Indiegogo crowd funding campaign. The book is "Waking the Spirit: A musician's journey healing body, mind, and soul" and was released last August,
    published by Macmillan:Picador. One of the stories in the book is about the effect music had on a critical care patient who was a long time and highly regarded sax player, a sideman in NY and Kansas City for many years. Because of privacy laws his name
    is not used in the book and I can't use it here.

I want to thank again those of you who helped, and let you know the book is doing very well. It's been a bestseller on Amazon all this time in the Musical Philosophy & Social Aspects category.

It was also released, last November, in Australia and New Zealand by Pan Macmillan Australia. It's been translated into Turkish and will be released in Turkey by Andante Publishers later this summer. It's being translated into Chinese and will be
    released in 2018 by Chinese Machine Press, the largest publisher of science and technology in China.

The book was an Oliver Sacks Foundation Best Book of the Year selection, Finalist for the Books for a Better Life Award, and a People Magazine Pick in non-fiction.

https://www.amazon.com/Waking-Spirit-Musicians-Journey-Healing/dp/1250055776/ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Many thanks,

Andrew Schulman

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)