• 3 different versions of same song

From Santhanakrishnan Srinivasan@21:1/5 to Hasan on Tue Sep 14 09:07:37 2021
    On Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 2:57:33 AM UTC+5:30, Hasan wrote:
    On Thursday, September 9, 1999 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, pankaj wrote:
    Another Ghalib gazal Yeh Na thee Hamari Kismat has at least four
    versions by Rafi, Habib Wali Khan, Suraiya (Mirza Ghalib) and Usha Mangeshkar (Mai Nashe Mei Hu ??). I think Rafi's is the best however
    Habib Wali Khan's version is also excelent. There may be more versions
    by someone like Jagjit Singh or Gulam Ali.

Pankaj

swaraj wrote:

How can u ignore some simply beautiful songs?
    I believe the singer's name is Habib Wali Mohammad and not Habib Wali Khan. My favorite is Surraiya's version.

1. In Brahmachari, Mein Gaun tum so jaao has got two versions (Happy and Sad) by Rafi and one by Lata (??).

2. Andaz has got three versions of Zindagi Ek Safar.. by Kishore, Asha and a short version by Rafi.

However, the best example to fulfill the requirements of this discussion is the Ghalib Gazal, Nuktacheen hai gam-e-dil. I have heard three versions of this gazal and that too not in the same film!!! First one is by Saigal (Yahudi ki ladki), second is Suraiya (Mirza Ghalib) and the third one is by Mohd. Rafi (Non Film). All these have totally different tunes, different moods, but the same lyrics. My personal choice is the Suraiya Version, even though the Rafi one is simply superb. I am sure there will be more versions of this gazal. Anyone knows any other version?

Swaraj

--
    Visit My Talat Mahmood Page at
    http://www.angelfire.com/md/talat

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
    Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

There is movie by namme Taqdeer, There are three versions of a song - Jab Jab bahar aayee (at least the tune)
    Jab Jab Bahaar Aaye Aur Phul Muskuraye
    Version 1 Usha Mangeshkar, Usha Timothy, Mahendra Kapoor
    Version 2 Rafi (solo)
    Version 3 Lata (Solo)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)