• Who performed in "Jaane Kahan Mera"?

From Tapan Jena@21:1/5 to srivas...@gmail.com on Sun Jul 18 13:42:18 2021
    On Friday, 21 June 2019 at 21:39:43 UTC+5:30, srivas...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Thursday, 30 September 1999 12:30:00 UTC+5:30, C.P. Chandrasekar wrote:
    Hello,
    I was trying to find out who performed in the song "Jaane Kahan Mera Jigar Gaya Ji" from Mr. and Mrs.55.

My friend claims it was Guru Dutt and Madhubala. While they were the lead pair no doubt, I am pretty sure that the song was not theirs.

Can anyone clarify?

Thanks
    CP Chandrasekar
    --
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has ever tried to contact us. -- Calvin

CP Chandrasekar, cpcs...@telco.com
    Johny Walker and Yasmin
    Found it finally. Its Vinita Butt. I can find only 2 credits on her name. Mr and Mrs 55 and Rail ka Dibba.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Anita Sudhakaran@21:1/5 to kartikeya...@gmail.com on Thu Aug 19 20:28:05 2021
    On Wednesday, March 27, 2019 at 10:20:05 AM UTC+5:30, kartikeya...@gmail.com wrote:
    That's vinita butt. Me and Mrs 55 was her first and last film.
    YES. NOT YASMIN.NOT MADHUBALA. Its VINITA BUTT. Thank you, Kartikeya.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Santhanakrishnan Srinivasan@21:1/5 to C.P. Chandrasekar on Tue Sep 14 08:56:25 2021
    On Thursday, September 30, 1999 at 12:30:00 PM UTC+5:30, C.P. Chandrasekar wrote:
    Hello,
    I was trying to find out who performed in the song "Jaane Kahan Mera Jigar Gaya Ji" from Mr. and Mrs.55.
    My friend claims it was Guru Dutt and Madhubala. While they were the lead pair no doubt, I am pretty sure that the song was not theirs.
    Can anyone clarify?
    Thanks
    CP Chandrasekar
    --
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has ever tried to contact us. -- Calvin

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Santhanakrishnan Srinivasan@21:1/5 to Anita Sudhakaran on Tue Sep 14 09:01:50 2021
    On Friday, August 20, 2021 at 8:58:06 AM UTC+5:30, Anita Sudhakaran wrote:
    On Wednesday, March 27, 2019 at 10:20:05 AM UTC+5:30, kartikeya...@gmail.com wrote:
    That's vinita butt. Me and Mrs 55 was her first and last film.
    YES. NOT YASMIN.NOT MADHUBALA. Its VINITA BUTT. Thank you, Kartikeya.

It is Johnny Walker and Yasmeen - An actress of yester years !

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Manish Modi@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jun 9 10:20:36 2022
    The gorgeous dimpled lady opposite Johnny Walker is Vinita Butt. For her first movie, she used the screen name of Yasmin. After that, she began using her own given name - Vinita Butt.

I think she is incredibly beautiful and can purely in terms of beauty hold her own against any film heroine from Bollywood.

https://www.moviefone.com/celebrity/vinita-butt/EqFYOSFdCwskkqm8hHRkt6/main/

Vinita Butt Biography
    Born in Rawalpindi on April 3rd, 1937, of Hindu-English parentage, Vinita spent the first seven years of her life in Kashmir. Educated at various hill-station schools, Vini came to Bombay in November 1954, some time after she had done her Senior
    Cambridge in Bangalore. In Bangalore, she had been a member of the Bangalore Amateur Dramatic Society (the B.A.D.S.) and appeared on the stage in Tagore’s “Sacrifice” and one of J. B. Priestley’s plays. It was in Bangalore that Guru Dutt first
    saw her and, struck by her good looks and vivacious personality, offered her a film contract. He took some photographs of her back with him to Bombay and then wrote to her, offering her a role. The terms were not exactly flattering and Vini and her
    mother soon forgot about the episode.

In Bombay Vinita met Anwar Hussein, an old friend of the family, and, through him, Chandulal Shah who gave her a small role in “Oot Patang,” the film he was then making. While working in “Oot Patang”, Vinita visited the Mehboob Studios where,
    once again she met Guru Dutt, who had gone on the floors with his film, “Mr. & Mrs. 55”. He offered Vinita the role of the Anglo-Indian office girl Julie and she accepted it.

At that time, Vinita’s screen name was Yasmin and her performance, according to the critics, displayed a confidence, ease and aplomb which enabled her to even steal scenes from the seasoned comedian Johnny Walker. It was also at the Mehboob Studios
    that Vinita met Zul Vellani, who asked her to play Desdemona in a Theatre Group open-air presentation of “Othello.

” This, indirectly, led to her next film contract. Alex D’Arcy, the Hollywood actor who came to India to star in Filmistan’s CinemaScope and Technicolor production, “Bombay Flight 417,” met her and was impressed by her. Her film test, for which
    she was made up by her future husband, Jimmy Vining, was a great success and Vinita, now using her own name on the screen, landed the role of Rukhmini.

She and Jimmy soon married. (The above biography has been adapted from a Filmfare magazine interview in 1956, courtesy of Cineplot.com)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Abhishesh Sharma@21:1/5 to C.P. Chandrasekar on Sun May 21 22:01:07 2023
    On Thursday, 30 September 1999 at 3:00:00 pm UTC+8, C.P. Chandrasekar wrote:
    Hello,
    Can anyone clarify?
    Thanks
    CP Chandrasekar
    --
    Its Yasmin and Jhonny Walker
    Yasmin's IMDB link https://www.imdb.com/name/nm9007290/?ref_=tt_cl_t_5

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05