• chan kithan guzari

From sbaveja18@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jul 19 11:13:01 2019
    Original composer and singer was none other than Prof. Dinanath Baveja (not Deravi). He belonged to Dera Ismail Khan in Pakistan. He was known as Bulbule Dera. Was born on 17 Jan 1917 and breath his last on 15 Jan 2006.
    He sang from Radio Lahore and then from All India Radio, Doordarshan and gave a few live performances too. Lived most of his life at Kalkaji, New Delhi. During last decade of his life he was staying with his brother late Sh. Ishar Das at Mianwali Colony
    Gurgaon. We lost his another brother Sh. Ved Prakash ji last month who took care of Prof.Dinanath hi when he lived in Kalakji.

He is survived by his brothers Sh. Manohar Lal and Sh. Raj Kumar Baveja who are living in Gurgaon; and his loving sister Savitri Bhuttan lives is Defence Colony, New Delhi

Would appreciate if Radio and Television agencies in Pakistan and India could bring alive the magic of Prof. Dinanath Baveja and contemporaries of his time from their archives for the listening pleasure of current generation.

Thanks to all of you and such blogs for keeping their memories alive.

- Aashish Baveja (19 Jul 2019)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From mahshirchohan@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jul 10 14:09:12 2020
    Thanks Naseer sahab, but I've read somewhere that Kaliyaan is not kaali raat but most likely kalle means akele/alone.
    Correct me if I am wrong!
    Shukria

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Naseer@21:1/5 to mahshi...@gmail.com on Sat Sep 12 03:06:49 2020
    On Friday, 10 July 2020 22:09:14 UTC+1, mahshi...@gmail.com wrote:
    Thanks Naseer sahab, but I've read somewhere that Kaliyaan is not kaali raat but most likely kalle means akele/alone.
    Correct me if I am wrong!
    Shukria

Sorry for the delay. It's been a long time since I visited this forum. Which line of the song are you referring to?

Naseer

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Naseer@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 20 14:06:07 2022
    Currently, there are 10,902 comments for this Youtube song by AliSethi.

https://youtu.be/mx1V0f9YLrE

There are comments made by a certain Harmeet Singh Batra and I copy them below.

"This song was written by my father's grandmother in Dera Ismail Khan pre partition.

My great grandmother was born around 1880 & this song might have been written between 1910 & 1920. It was a very popular song & people used to sing this song in weddings. Singer Prof. Dina Nath had personally visited my great grandmother for the lyrics &
    sung this very song on the radio.

Pokhri Bai Batra (Munjaal). She was a Punjabi Hindu & my grandfather was a Sikh."

Naseer

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05