• What are some mellow (dark) sounding pianos besides Steinway?

From judithmariemm@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Ed Cupman on Fri May 19 19:01:17 2017
    On Monday, November 15, 1999 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Ed Cupman wrote:
    I want to get a piano that isn't bright. I'm playing a Yamaha C5 now and I don't like the bright sound. Does anyone have any suggestions?

ED

I've got the same problem with a Steinway upright. I see some of the reploes you've received are to have the piano voiced. Since I don't know how to post to everyone, I'm including the following question here: Any suggestions? My piano tuner recommends
    buying a full height piano, European or US. Any ideas would be very appreciatred. Judith

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Hope Morrow@21:1/5 to All on Thu Nov 16 04:45:09 2017
    If you decide to change the hammers, make sure you hire a technician who ALSO knows how to re-weight the keys. Hammer sets have varying weights and the leads in the keys offset that weight. If the tech just puts on new hammers without weighing-off the
    keys afterward, you may find that the feel of your piano isn’t what it was and that you no longer enjoy playing it. Go with voicing it instead. Even if you replace the hammers, it willl still need to be voiced afterward.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)