• PIANO REGULATION

From david.nick.deyoung@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Feb 22 16:04:06 2017
    I know nothing about pianos. Our church bought a 10 year old Schimmel SP182 Baby Grand Piano last year. Someone said it is important to get pianos "Regulated" periodically, other wise strings can break. I am one of the deacons and we need to make this
    decision, and I want to make sure we make an informed decision.

Does anybody know if this is true?
    How often should this be done?

The piano has been in the Northwest for the last 10 years, if that matters.

Thank you,
    David

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From gfm111@mocs.utc.edu@21:1/5 to david.nic...@gmail.com on Thu Feb 23 17:06:49 2017
    On Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 7:04:08 PM UTC-5, david.nic...@gmail.com wrote:
    I know nothing about pianos. Our church bought a 10 year old Schimmel SP182 Baby Grand Piano last year. Someone said it is important to get pianos "Regulated" periodically, other wise strings can break. I am one of the deacons and we need to make this
    decision, and I want to make sure we make an informed decision.

Does anybody know if this is true?
    How often should this be done?

The piano has been in the Northwest for the last 10 years, if that matters.

Thank you,
    David

Hi David, my name is Brian and I have a MM in piano (I own a 9' Steinway concert grand and I have it tuned every 6 months. My local Steinway Technician did a complete regulation when I purchased it and does minor touch ups on the tuning visits). At 10
    years old, yes, the piano's action will need to be regulated. A full regulation is not a yearly task. But understand, each time the piano technician comes to tune the church piano (every 6 months, at the least) he/she should always make minor adjustments
    to the action, as needed. A full regulation is expensive, but very much worth it, and it allows the piano to play at its full potential. Hope this helps!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)