• Steinway serial number D330 - D332

From gcraig121366@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Bob Snyder on Mon Jan 30 11:01:23 2017
    On Sunday, September 19, 1999 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Bob Snyder wrote:
    Hello -
    I work for Steinway. The number you've given is not the serial number...
    the CD designation means (if this is authentic) that indeed we selected this piano for use in our Concert & Artist bank of pianos - these pianos to be made available for performance by our artists. Don't let the number "330" scare you; once a piano is released (for sale, as is most likely the case with this one) we will re-use that same number for another piano. The
    CD-330 is a number more for our reference than anything else, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the age of the piano itself.

Where did you see this piano? If it is anywhere other than at one of our dealers, then look out. If it is at our dealers, go on in and have the tech (or salesperson) pull up the front rail piece.... the serial number (six digits) will be stamped on the FRONT of the wooden piece that faces you as you squat down to keyboard level - that the keys are on. Also, the serial number should be stamped on the BACK of the front rail. With that number, I can get you the exact history of the piano.

Bob Snyder
    Sr. District Manager
    Steinway & Sons

lovingtrance@att.net wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'd like to find out if anyone here knows the approximate date of a Steinway Model D (number is CD330). Someone told me that the CD stands for Concert D and are pianos selected by Steinway for Steinway
    contracted concert performers. (Is this true?) I was told this piano
    was only five years old (circa 1995). I remembered Glenn Gould's
    infamous CD318. But that was a piano made in the twenties. So this
    got me thinking..........Hmmmmmm....

The Steinway page only gave serial numbers by six digits. So if anyone
    can shed any light on this, please let me know by email or reply
    posting. You have no idea how grateful I'll be :-)

Thanks all again in advance,

sincerely
    fn

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
    Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

For Bob Snyder - I'm looking at a Steinway Model B circa 1982 with a "CB" number, and I have the serial number. What would be the quickest way to get the history on this piano?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)