• Charles Walter 1520 or Steinway S?

From dooriyoo@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jul 2 14:18:43 2016
    I am a pianist (classical) in need of a low-budget, but excellent quality piano.

I narrowed my options to two that I might like (I haven't touched neither of these pianos yet!)

1. Charles Walter 1520 made in 2011 (not sure what kind of action it has yet) for about $5000. I must pay shipping for quite a long distance (estimating $1200-2000),
    2. Steinway S from 1950s, which will be about $7000, and comes from the same state. Everything is original, including a matching bench.

I keep finding posts that an excellent uprights can be better than a small grand.

I am sure if I played it this would make everything clear -- what I like, etc. I am just not able to. I plan to ask a technician to look at CW 1520, and I might be able to drive many hours to touch the Steinway S.

Piano makers and dealers and performers, maybe you could help me out? Is it just plane simple answer to you all? I make my living by playing the piano, obviously, so this is pretty important in my life right now :)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)