• Mozart is the most difficult composer

From ricky_amez@outlook.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri May 13 09:58:03 2016
    El martes, 14 de noviembre de 2000, 21:55:28 (UTC-6), Damien J. Bradley escribió:
    This is what my teacher told me she believes, and let me explain. First,
    she said that classical (the exact classical period, not the whole
    genre) is the hardest music to play, because "there is nothing to hide behind" as there is with the emotional or odd aspects of romantic and contempory music. Classical is clear, crystalline music and to get it to sound right is very hard.

Mozart, then, being the quintessential classical composer (Beethoven is leaning a bit more toward romantic), would be composer with the hardest
    music to play perfectly.

This other guy I know described Mozart's music as extremely "exposing".
    I think that's a good term.

What does everybody think of this? Has it been brought up before? It certainly has given me a lot to think about.

Damien

Make no mistake: on the whole, Mozart is absolutely difficult to perform appropriately. He possesses everything: technical difficulty, trickery, complex and ellaborated harmonic progressions, fugues, and a sensitivity like no other. Sometimes simple,
    sometimes incredibly complex. Some people had better get to know the real masterpieces composed by Mozart. Find the Pignus Futurae Gloria from the Litaniae de venerabili Altaris Sacramento KV125. Listen to it. Get the score and read it. Analyze the
    outstanding progressions, the unbelievable complexity and richness. And, of course, such a beauty second to none.

Once you do that, you'll agree with my opening statement.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)