• Piano transportation from abroad - Any recommendations?

From Arina Petrova@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jan 26 13:19:10 2016
    Hello,

My mom has a beautiful upright Petrof piano in the Republic of Georgia and we have been long contemplating of bringing it to the US. The problem has been the shipping options (no reliable ones that we could find) and the costs (2K+), as well as the
    safety of transportation.

WOuld you have any recommendations on the shipping companies that could bring it from Georgia for a reasonable cost in a safe manner?

Suggestions / references would be appreciated!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From glenn.gpoco@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Arina Petrova on Sat Feb 20 11:11:23 2016
    On Tuesday, January 26, 2016 at 4:19:12 PM UTC-5, Arina Petrova wrote:
    Hello,

My mom has a beautiful upright Petrof piano in the Republic of Georgia and we have been long contemplating of bringing it to the US. The problem has been the shipping options (no reliable ones that we could find) and the costs (2K+), as well as the

WOuld you have any recommendations on the shipping companies that could bring it from Georgia for a reasonable cost in a safe manner?

It's doubtful that the cost of shipping this piano is worth the cost. Last year I imported a 7'4" Bosendorfer 225 for a customer from Singapore. Due to the value of this piano it was worthwhile. It was a large project however with many steps involved.

Feel free to email me if you'd like some recommendations if you decide to proceed.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mort@21:1/5 to Arina Petrova on Fri Jun 10 21:40:04 2016
    Arina Petrova wrote:
    Hello,

Make sure that the keys do not contain any real ivory, as ivory usually
    cannot be legally brought into the USA. A friend of mine had to have her
    ivory keys removed overseas, and plastic keys substituted, before
    shipping the piano to the USA.

Good luck,

Mort Linder

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05