• Help please, I need grand piano suggestions for a 14 yr old intermediat

From nidiamvargas@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Feb 6 19:21:36 2020
    Hello & help please, I need grand piano brand and model suggestions for a 14 yr old intermediate/advanced pianist who will be in training for college degree in music. My son is in the San Diego Youth Symphony (SDYS) intermediate level and a jazz
    conservatory for trumpet but also plays the piano. He has decided that he wants to go for it in music at the college level (at least a minor). He is now being taught by a SDYS conductor on piano, that is going well but the electric piano has to go. I am
    not a musician and need guidance on what to buy him ideally under $15k (new or used). I have been looking mostly at Yamaha (G3 in great shape for $5k, and 1990s C2 & C3 in the $10-15k range, 1982 Kuwai 6'2 for $6k, Mason & Hamlin in the $7-10k range, and
    a few model M Steinways but the Steinway is a long shot ...finding a good one in that price range.😔 So far in my search, I have the impression that the Yamaha may serve my son best tone and range-wise based on what I hear and I am being told. To
    complicate things, I saw a 2004 5'1 Boston and a 2001 Steinway S both priced under $15k, both sounded and looked well cared for. Unsure re what to get him, 🙄, Help!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)