• Book for Adult Beginning Piano Students

From sweelo41@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Jory on Mon Oct 14 07:19:06 2019
    On Sunday, December 22, 2002 at 8:55:09 PM UTC+1, Jory wrote:
    In July of 1998 at the age of 38 I began taking piano lessons. The past 4+ years have been very rewarding, and often frustrating. One of my main frustrations has been the lack of any teaching material specifically
    targeted at adult beginners. For the record I don't count the horrible Basiten Adult pedagogy books "Older Beginner Piano Course..." as teaching material.

I've been using the Faber and Faber "Piano Adventures" series in lieu of anything better, but to be honest the Faber and Faber books have been known to take flight across the room on occasion. All of the pedagogy books seem to think that everybody learns the piano in the same way regardless of age
    or past experience. The cutesy little drawings in the margins are a little much to take.

I had pretty much given up on finding any useful information for adults
    until a few days ago when I found a very helpful book. In particular, it describes the adult learning process very thoroughly and accurately. This book has been really been a godsend to me and my piano education.

Others on the newsgroup may find it helpful as well. Here are the particulars:

"Making Music at the Piano", subtitled "Learning Strategies for Adult Student" by Barbara English Maris. It is published by Oxford University Press. It is copyrighted in 2000 and is ISBN number 0-19-512326-3. It
    costs $29.95 (USD) new. I found my copy at Powells City of Books (www.powells.com), but I'm sure it's available in most book stores. See: http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/biblio?inkey=16-0195123263-0 for more information. Supposedly Powell's has a used copy on the shelf, but I didn't see it. If you've ever been to Powell's that won't come as a surprise.
    It's literally a city block, 3 stories high full of books.

While I am a beginning student so I tend to read the advice for beginning students, there is also a great deal of information for more advanced adult students and adults returning to the piano after a long absence.

Jory

My grand father learned piano at 72 - so you can definitely get started with doing it now!

Below are best sites, resources to learn piano online in his humble opinion.

BEST 3 FREE AND PAID PIANO COURSES ONLINE:

1. LearnPianoIn30Days

Link: http://1monthpiano.com

LearnPianoIn30Days is a 30-day online piano lessons program instructed by singer and songwriter, Rachel James, who has got many years of piano playing on the scene, club around the world. She wants to share her experience as well as her piano playing
    skills for anyone who has the passion of piano.

Details:

Rated: 4.5* by 9600+ students
    + Online learning method: monthly membership site.
    + Free trial in 14 days
    + Refund policy: 60-Day Money-Back Guarantee
    For more details, pls click here: LearnPianoIn30Days online course

2. PianoForAll

Link: http://pianoforall.1monthpiano.com

Details:

Rated: 4.6 by 16,000+ students
    + 138,203 students enrolled
    + Total time: 10 hours on-demand video
    Here are detail: PianoForAll online course on Udemy

3. Free course on YouTube: Andrew Furmanczyk channel

This is a series of lessons that teach you how to play piano for yourself RIGHT from the VERY beginner all the way to the late intermediate/ early advanced stage of piano. These lessons have been RESHOT and these are the new lessons.

Here are the playlist: Learn How To Play Piano (NEW) - YouTube

AND BELOW ARE TOP 13 PIANO BOOKS ON AMAZON:

Adult All-In-1 Course: Level 1
    2) Alfred’s Basic Piano Course for Adults

3) Piano Scales, Lessons with Elements of Basic Music Theory

4) Adult Piano Adventures All-in-One Piano Course Book 1

5) Modern Course for the Piano

6) John Thompson’s Easiest Piano Course

7) Alfred’s Self-Teaching Adult Piano Course

8) Primer Level – Lesson Book: Piano Adventures

9) Level 1 – Lesson Book: Piano Adventures

10) KP1B – Bastien Piano for Adults, 1 Book Only: A Beginning Course

11) Piano and Keyboard All-in-One for Dummies

12) Suzuki Piano School New International Edition Piano Book and CD, Volume 1

13) Piano Book for Adult Beginners

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)