• 1992 Kawai KG-2 vs 2002 Boston 178

From kstippes@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Dec 12 03:06:00 2017
    My mind is going around in circles trying to make the decision whether to buy a beautiful-condition hardly-used 2002 Boston 178 grand piano or a pristine, new-looking 1992 Kawai KG-2. Both are 5'10"; both are in beautiful condition; and, when all is said
    and done, the cost would be about the same. My impression of the two pianos is that the Boston excels in the lower range, having a very full sound; and the Kawai excels in the upper range with a beautiful crisp and clear sound--but it is so difficult to
    compare the two because they are in two different places and I can't play one and then the other. I expect to use the piano to play quite a bit of classical music. Can anyone give me an opinion as to which piano might be the best for classical music? Or
    help me to compare the two pianos in any other way?

I would really appreciate any insights that anyone could share with me. I have spent so much time trying to make up my mind that I fear one--or both--of these lovely pianos will be sold and I will lose the opportunity to purchase (after *months* of
    looking at pianos).

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)