• Re: What about L.A. Sax???

From Dale Littrell@21:1/5 to pulledrelu...@gmail.com on Fri Dec 23 11:12:01 2022
    On Saturday, January 25, 2014 at 1:11:31 PM UTC-6, pulledrelu...@gmail.com wrote:
    L.A. Sax made mostly Saxophones, from 1987 until the company was sold in 2001, but did make several Brass Horns as well. They were made in Taiwan, which still isn't the worst place instruments are made. I think the Brass Horns they made are rare
    nowdays, so if you can acquire that L.A. Sax Flugelhorn, by all means do so! (I paid $400 for mine on eBay) What crazy color is the lacquer/finish? I have a Diamond White L.A. Sax Flugelhorn and a Red L.A. Sax Slide Trumpet ($150 from private owner) . I
    consider them "siblings" so have no interest in ever selling them. The quality of my L.A. Sax Flugelhorn is not tops, but it works AND IT'S FRIKIN' DIAMOND WHITE! My L.A. Sax Slide Trumpet was fairly new and unused by former owner so works well while "
    breaking in". So bottom line is that they are very pretty Horns, work well enough, and are no longer made, so collector desired. For my Brass Horns that are not top-line in performance I compensate by using the highest quality valve oil and slide grease,
    which really improves playability of my cheaper quality Brass Horns, even the current Chinese junk!
    I have a diamond pearl white L.A. Sax trumpet and have owned it for around 12 years. It's very light weight and plays well. Only advice, do not use valve oil like Blue Juice or it will eat the painted surface. L.A. Sax refurbished mine after having the
    paint come loose from the synthetic valve oil. Overall, I've really enjoyed owning this trumpet.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)