• Paul Hubinon

From Terence McGovern@21:1/5 to All on Tue May 4 08:02:45 2021
    Paul Hubinon was my best friend in college. I heard him play "Holiday for Trumpet" at an on-campus concert at Duquesne University. We had a great music school, run by Eddie Shiner. I came up to Paul after hearing him nail the triple tonguing of this song
    and said, "You are fantastic." His response was, "I know." That response sums up Paul's ego. It was huge. But deservedly so. We became close. I would go to his gigs w/him and we'd go out afterwards and get. We both loved our cocktails.

I was working on a movie, "Americathon," in 1978, when I ran into a fellow Pittsburgh, Ron Anthony, who would go on to become Frank Sinatra's guitarist. It was Ron who told me of Paul's passing the preceding year. He alluded to a drug overdose being the
    cause of death. He passed in LA, where I was living, yet I had no idea he was living there. We had once been so close. It hit me hard.

All these years later, my memories of this fantastic musician and friend still fill me w/joy. We were the same age. How I wish he was still around.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)