• Info on "Pan-American" trumpet...

From somaartmediahub@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Dr. Trumpet on Thu Dec 27 11:35:04 2018
    On Saturday, July 20, 2002 at 1:23:30 PM UTC-4, Dr. Trumpet wrote:
    In article <uji18ltn8ni5a4@corp.supernews.com>,
    "Travis Smith" <cypher2@ev1.net> wrote:

I'd have to agree with you on this. Even if this is a student model horn I'd never know it. And also, for being placed around 1900 for a manufacturing date, it is in very good condition. The valves move better, and more smoothly, than my silver strad. Thanks for all the info guys. To think that I picked this thing up for $20.

Travis Smith

Travis,

I doubt the horn is a 1900 model. I do not believe that Pan American instruments
    were made much before the 1950s.

I could be wrong,

AL

Woah, 2002... this is a super old thread.. No sure if it's still viable. but I have the exact trumpet with the silver and Gold bell.. the site I am attaching is a known aficionado and the 1st ne was made in 1917.. yours (65xxxx), was made in 1928 and
    mine ( 69xxx) was made in 1928 as well, (according to serial numbers),
    Hope the helps, as so much more info out there is available since 2002 Fellow enthusiast Celino Dimitroff Gainesville, Fla
    Here is the link to dates of production.. ---> copy and paste https://cderksen.home.xs4all.nl/ConnSerialsPanAmBrass.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)