• Old Henri Gautier "Virtuoso" cornet

From vikingmerchant@gmail.com@21:1/5 to John Brock on Sat Feb 3 19:30:39 2018
    On Friday, 25 June 1999 01:00:00 UTC-6, John Brock wrote:
    Mine has the same missing serial number and B & F too. I found on a page some where that they were built by "Lyon & Healy" so that's not it either. Very mysterious.

John Brock

Donald L. Winters <donald.l.winters@vanderbilt.edu> wrote in message news:3773AD6F.4B82DFC0@vanderbilt.edu...
    This describes the construction of my Gautier as well. I have only one bit, which is exactly the dimensions you note. I assumed that since the "crossover" allowed for the appropriate reduction in tubing length when
    the horn was in B-flat that no other bit was necessary. Does your horn carry a serial number? Mine does not. Also, have you figured out what
    the "B & F" inscription on the middle valve casing means?

Don Winters
    Hi Guys, I have a Gautier as well. The B and F refers to Bohland and Fuchs, made in Czechslovakia. http://www.horn-u-copia.net/Reference/display.php

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From feliot@his.com@21:1/5 to vikingm...@gmail.com on Fri Nov 29 13:12:02 2019
    On Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 10:30:40 PM UTC-5, vikingm...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Friday, 25 June 1999 01:00:00 UTC-6, John Brock wrote:
    Mine has the same missing serial number and B & F too. I found on a page some where that they were built by "Lyon & Healy" so that's not it either. Very mysterious.

John Brock

Donald L. Winters <donald.l.winters@vanderbilt.edu> wrote in message news:3773AD6F.4B82DFC0@vanderbilt.edu...
    This describes the construction of my Gautier as well. I have only one bit, which is exactly the dimensions you note. I assumed that since the "crossover" allowed for the appropriate reduction in tubing length when the horn was in B-flat that no other bit was necessary. Does your horn carry a serial number? Mine does not. Also, have you figured out what the "B & F" inscription on the middle valve casing means?

Don Winters
    Hi Guys, I have a Gautier as well. The B and F refers to Bohland and Fuchs, made in Czechslovakia. http://www.horn-u-copia.net/Reference/display.php

I have a Gaulier Virtuoso tenor trombone in B Flat, with tuning slide extension pieces to put it in A. I'd be interested in selling it if anyone is interested. Slide is in good shape. Usual dents. W3WAG@ARRL.net
    Frank Eliot

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)