From chuckbrown1031@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Rick on Tue Jun 21 11:09:06 2016
    On Thursday, October 24, 2002 at 2:37:02 PM UTC-7, Rick wrote:
    Now that I know that Paul did not play the pic solo on Bill Bixby's
    "The Magician," maybe someone can give me a little background on this
    guy. Anyone out there that knew him personally/professionally or
    possibly shared some studio gigs with him?? I'm been told he was a
    great player.

As always, thanks!!!

Hey Everybody, I know these posts were posted quite a while ago, but I just came across them and wanted to offer something. Paul Hubinon was an amazing trumpeter. Know one could read and interpret music like him, all but perhaps Chuck Findley, who was
    also our neighbor and close friend. My name is Chuck Brown and I am Paul Hubinon's step-son. I lived with Paul on his ranch in Sun Valley California from 1972 until his death; although he had moved before drinking himself to death. I accompanied him to
    hundreds of sessions during that time. I honestly don't know a lot about his formative years as a musician. The 70s were his time and he played on so many hit albums it's hard to name them. If you have any questions about that time, who he played with,
    who he liked, how he felt about what he was doing, I'm happy to discuss. It was nice running across these comments. It really amazes me that more people don't know about Paul. I'm going through my old photo's. I'll try to post one, as I've only come
    across one online and he was in the military band.
    Cheers,
    Chuck Brown

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From pentagogicalbrass@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Aug 7 23:42:14 2016
    Hi Chuck!

As I mentioned in the post before yours, I too was a student of Eddie Shiner as was my father. I know that Mr. Shiner was devastated when Paul died. I know my father probably got to meet him, but I never did. Anyway, we have a Facebook group page for
    friends and students of the Shiner brothers. If you are on Facebook and would like to join us, you would be welcome with any stories, recordings, and pictures you may have of Paul. To all of us Eddie Shiner students, he was a legend. His picture was
    in the studio right in front of me every time i took my weekly lesson at Progressive Music store in McKeesport, PA.

Sincerely,
    Karen Polak

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)