• Total Range by Charles Peters

From Callet Deciple@21:1/5 to JHarryCook on Sat Apr 23 03:59:35 2016
    On Wednesday, May 27, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, JHarryCook wrote:
    I've read a lot of posts in this group about the much revered Maggio and Gordon
    methods, but does anyone have any experience with a method book entitled Total
    Range by (I believe) Charles Peters? This book was recommended to me years ago
    by an instructor, and I once had a copy, but misplaced it before I got past the
    4th week. I'm wondering whether it's worth trying to find another copy.

Jamie Cook

Who cares if the book was put out of print for copyright infringement. "Oh dear lord, they are going to take away my birthday!!!!". I am glad I am Jewish I don't have to play the do good-er on a guilt trip phony bit. and who cares if you made a copy-
    once again you don't have to defend your actions. I have made many many copies of this book at print shops in New York City over the past few decades. I have been using it since 1978. If you stop using the method and your range goes back to what it
    used to be, your chops are not set up correctly. If your chops are not set up correctly no method book in the universe is going to work as intended. There are some out date concepts in this book like "Trumpet playing is physical, walk, run, jog, stay
    in great shape, go to the gym....", that is all bull crap. Another one is "blow air, and the lips need to be strengthened etc..." this is also total bull crap. When Maynard died of liver disease from being an alcoholic and a drug addict party animal
    over a 60 year period, and towards the end drinking a bottle of champagne before every performance, and popping who knows what kind of pills- that was his approach to a healthy life style. Get the picture. Wake up girl scouts.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)