• martin karall violins

From winocourp@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Mar 21 15:01:31 2017
    Hopefully you will still access this response to your now 2-year old e-mail. A close friend has just been lucky enough to adopt a Martin Karall 1979 viola and very interested in obtaining most information about the lineage of this luthier instrument
    maker and possible value of this viola. It is a beautiful piece of workmanship and is in very good condition with an excellent sound. Thank you.
    Sent by Peter for Carmen

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From karen4finearts@hotmail.com@21:1/5 to Bergonzi on Mon Apr 24 14:34:44 2017
    On Friday, February 6, 1998 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Bergonzi wrote:
    hello to everyone!

i am posting this message in hopes of reaching those who are in the
    possesion of any martin karall stringed instruments. i own a violin
    made for me by this master maker for several years now. this
    instrument has such a complex and smooth yet powerful tone. not only
    are his instruments a joy to play, they are a visual masterpiece. by
    mr karall's estimates, he has created between 250-300 instruments.
    those who have been fortunate enough to play a karall will understand
    my passion for his instruments.

this message is for those who are gifted with owning martin karall instruments. i am interested in starting a symposium of karall
    instruments in his hometown of vancouver bc, canada. i am trying to
    organize a collection for display set for sometime in january of 1999.
    mr. karall is now in his mid-eighties and this would mean everything
    to a man who has dedicated his life in crafting and perfecting his
    art. thank you.

those interested please email me at:

bergonzi@studioq.ml.org

On Friday, February 6, 1998 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Bergonzi wrote:
    hello to everyone!

i am posting this message in hopes of reaching those who are in the
    possesion of any martin karall stringed instruments. i own a violin
    made for me by this master maker for several years now. this
    instrument has such a complex and smooth yet powerful tone. not only
    are his instruments a joy to play, they are a visual masterpiece. by
    mr karall's estimates, he has created between 250-300 instruments.
    those who have been fortunate enough to play a karall will understand
    my passion for his instruments.

this message is for those who are gifted with owning martin karall instruments. i am interested in starting a symposium of karall
    instruments in his hometown of vancouver bc, canada. i am trying to
    organize a collection for display set for sometime in january of 1999.
    mr. karall is now in his mid-eighties and this would mean everything
    to a man who has dedicated his life in crafting and perfecting his
    art. thank you.

those interested please email me at:

bergonzi@studioq.ml.org

Hi Bergonzi, I have just now run across your very old post. I have two martin Karall violins, 1991 and 1992 that I've owned since they were made. I got to know Martin, and what a lovely man he was. I'm selling one of them now, as I retired from the VSO 7
    years ago, and now am retiring for good. I'm wondering if you ever did your display of his violins?
    KarenF

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From tomcudney@msn.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Nov 16 18:29:12 2018
    I don't know how recent this posting is in serch of owners of Martin Karall violins, but as luck would have it own one. I inherited this instrument from my father whom was fortunate enough to be good friends with Mr Karrall.
    My father's name was Larry Cudney and I would love to know more about the demand or worth of this violin. Thank you.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From winocourp@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Feb 10 16:54:38 2019
    I posted an e-mail a.couple of years ago. My partner Carmen acquired a Martin Karall viola dated 1979. It is in very nice condition & places beautifully. A dealer valued it at $4500 but I suspect he underpriced it to sell it more easily. I would be very
    interested to hear more about your instrument & anything your father may have imparted to you about Martin Karall.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From barryellwood1@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Apr 5 12:47:07 2020
    I got to know Martin just before he passed away. I have the second last violin he made. I treasure it. It is like playing a Strad.I know many of his instruments are owned by extremely good players including players in the Minneapolis symphony orchestra.
    He was a wonderful maker and man.He had many signed posters on the walls of his basement home workshop in East Vancouver of the top violinists including Yehudi Menuhin, David Rubinoff and Anne Sophie Mutter and others from his days in Vienna before
    coming to Canada in the 1950's. In fact, he made an exact copy of Menuhin's Strad which Menhuin played and liked.I can still remember him playing some Strauss waltzes on his instruments. We miss excellent vintage makers like him. When he died, he had
    enough 1940 Sitka spruce violin tops in his basement to make approximately 200 violins. Frankie Rogers,the country Hall of fame fiddle player had a 1950's Karall that I subsequenty purchased from him. Barry Ellwood, Vancouver

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sean@21:1/5 to barrye...@gmail.com on Sat Jun 24 12:06:20 2023
    On Sunday, April 5, 2020 at 12:47:08 PM UTC-7, barrye...@gmail.com wrote:
    I got to know Martin just before he passed away. I have the second last violin he made. I treasure it. It is like playing a Strad.I know many of his instruments are owned by extremely good players including players in the Minneapolis symphony orchestra.
    He was a wonderful maker and man.He had many signed posters on the walls of his basement home workshop in East Vancouver of the top violinists including Yehudi Menuhin, David Rubinoff and Anne Sophie Mutter and others from his days in Vienna before
    coming to Canada in the 1950's. In fact, he made an exact copy of Menuhin's Strad which Menhuin played and liked.I can still remember him playing some Strauss waltzes on his instruments. We miss excellent vintage makers like him. When he died, he had
    enough 1940 Sitka spruce violin tops in his basement to make approximately 200 violins. Frankie Rogers,the country Hall of fame fiddle player had a 1950's Karall that I subsequenty purchased from him. Barry Ellwood, Vancouver

Hello, I just acquired a Karall violin , made in 1946 vancouver BC. needs a little work , but Absolutly beautiful. if anyone is interested send me an email for details. cleanplanets@gmail.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05