• WORST INDUSTRIAL BAND?

From jeremiahmakin@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Lou A. Green on Tue Aug 9 12:56:15 2016
    On Tuesday, November 1, 1994 at 3:26:23 AM UTC-4, Lou A. Green wrote:
    GODFLESH has to be the absolute WORST industrial band I've ever heard/seen.

-L

+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | This message was sent from Gateway Proteus: A FirstClass System |
    | Usenet * Clarinet * OneNet ** Philly, PA ** info@gwproteus.com | +--------------------------------------------------------------------+

Godflesh is the absolute best industrial band ever. You know nothing. My opinion is law. You've been OVERRULED.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From toddmckean@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Johnson on Wed Nov 21 12:35:05 2018
    On Wednesday, September 28, 1994 at 9:14:21 PM UTC-6, Johnson wrote:
    SO, ANY OPINIONS ANYONE? My vote would be very unpopular and would be a
    tie. You people will probably want to kill me but it would be a tie
    between NIN and Nitzer Ebb. I've tried to listen to both N.E. & N.I.N.'s stuff (that is complete album-wise) & I found them unlistenable.

I used to think the worst might be Stabbing Westward until I heard this tool named Celldweller. Emo doesn't even begin to describe it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Chris Cruey@21:1/5 to toddm...@gmail.com on Thu Oct 22 21:30:32 2020
    On Wednesday, November 21, 2018 at 3:35:06 PM UTC-5, toddm...@gmail.com wrote:
    SO, ANY OPINIONS ANYONE? My vote would be very unpopular and would be a tie. You people will probably want to kill me but it would be a tie between NIN and Nitzer Ebb. I've tried to listen to both N.E. & N.I.N.'s stuff (that is complete album-wise) & I found them unlistenable.
    I used to think the worst might be Stabbing Westward until I heard this tool named Celldweller. Emo doesn't even begin to describe it.
    Really glad I found this thread. Lots of unhappy people praising pretty shitty music. Ungod was a fantastic album, most of it written in the early-mid 80's pre-dating most of the crap a lot of you claim it's a cheap rip-off of. God forsake they were
    successful. Lots of hate for NIN which is ridiculous. Watch the earliest live performances of PHM. Celldwellers first album was pretty good guys, as far as it was made in 2000, you know, 10-20 years after the industrial music you guys are beating off to.
    Emo doesn't begin to describe it at all, try listening to Copeland, an actual "Emo" band. On top of all that, industrial is a hard genre to pin down, as electronic and metal went hand in hand as technology made it easier. Maybe you guys should try not
    shitting on everything. With the whole conversation starting not with what's best but what's the worst 26 years ago when industrial was probably a mid way movement at the time I imagine Johnson is still a miserable fucking curmudgeon listening to
    anything recorded before 1990 and shaking his fucking cane at all us young bastards who ruined music. Music is subjective you fucking tool, and people like you who feel compelled to drive conversations like what is the worst just make the experience
    worse. You've added nothing to the grand scheme dude

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Todd McKean@21:1/5 to Chris Cruey on Tue Jan 26 00:31:22 2021
    On Thursday, October 22, 2020 at 10:30:33 PM UTC-6, Chris Cruey wrote:
    On Wednesday, November 21, 2018 at 3:35:06 PM UTC-5, toddm...@gmail.com wrote:
    SO, ANY OPINIONS ANYONE? My vote would be very unpopular and would be a tie. You people will probably want to kill me but it would be a tie between NIN and Nitzer Ebb. I've tried to listen to both N.E. & N.I.N.'s stuff (that is complete album-wise) & I found them unlistenable.
    Really glad I found this thread. Lots of unhappy people praising pretty shitty music. Ungod was a fantastic album, most of it written in the early-mid 80's pre-dating most of the crap a lot of you claim it's a cheap rip-off of. God forsake they were
    successful. Lots of hate for NIN which is ridiculous. Watch the earliest live performances of PHM. Celldwellers first album was pretty good guys, as far as it was made in 2000, you know, 10-20 years after the industrial music you guys are beating off to.
    Emo doesn't begin to describe it at all, try listening to Copeland, an actual "Emo" band. On top of all that, industrial is a hard genre to pin down, as electronic and metal went hand in hand as technology made it easier. Maybe you guys should try not
    shitting on everything. With the whole conversation starting not with what's best but what's the worst 26 years ago when industrial was probably a mid way movement at the time I imagine Johnson is still a miserable fucking curmudgeon listening to
    anything recorded before 1990 and shaking his fucking cane at all us young bastards who ruined music. Music is subjective you fucking tool, and people like you who feel compelled to drive conversations like what is the worst just make the experience
    worse. You've added nothing to the grand scheme dude

"music is subjective"
    ...well that's a subjective idea isn't it?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05