• Does Trent Reznor *ever* have an original idea in his head?

From aggrodriver81@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 8 13:25:13 2015
    And Trent Reznor still sucks.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From kenzieprofit@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Greg Earle on Sat Oct 24 02:27:49 2015
    On Monday, June 13, 1994 at 4:41:17 AM UTC-7, Greg Earle wrote:
    While channel-surfing late last night, I came upon some old geezer whose last vital record was released in a decade that isn't the current or most recent, sitting on a chair with silly horn-rim glasses on and saying "Here's the new Nine Inch Nails video, `Closer'" ...

With that, we plunge head-long into Trent's newest video opus, and immediately
    several things become evident; the most telling is that this guy wouldn't know a new video idea if it kicked him upside the head.

Can we play "Name that influence"? Let's ...

First up, we've got a monkey on a cross! Good, Trent, my wife's album cover ("Stereotaxic Device", Kk Records) only beat you to that concept by, oh, 4 years now. Next?

Oh look, a severed rotating pig's head! Been hanging out with Foetus, I see?

Hey look! A still-life with Trent's head depicted in a gross fashion as if he'd
    been decapitated! The general sepiatone etched-plate motif! Guess you really
    liked that Joel-Peter Witkin exhibit that's in L.A. now, eh Trent?

Why look, the whole thing's filmed in sepiatone with lotsa dust and then there's the creaky pulley bit ... guess the video store finally got that Brothers Quay compilation video in for Trent to rent ... and I'm sure watching
    those Tool videos didn't hurt, either ...

The scary thing is that some kids out there might actually think this stuff is "new" and "original" or something ...

Not amused,

--
    - Greg Earle
    Phone: (818) 353-8695 FAX: (818) 353-1877 [Call # again if
    Internet: earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US you get !FAX tone]
    UUCP: isolar!earle@elroy.JPL.NASA.GOV a.k.a. ...!elroy!isolar!earle

wow nerds

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From corey.cruse@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Oct 24 02:37:31 2015
    Trent was originator of #YOLOswag culture later revived by Drake. Expect Ministry to make YOLO concept album next reunion

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From For Phone@21:1/5 to Greg Earle on Tue Sep 19 18:45:37 2023
    On Monday, June 13, 1994 at 7:41:17 AM UTC-4, Greg Earle wrote:
    While channel-surfing late last night, I came upon some old geezer whose last vital record was released in a decade that isn't the current or most recent, sitting on a chair with silly horn-rim glasses on and saying "Here's the new Nine Inch Nails video, `Closer'" ...
    With that, we plunge head-long into Trent's newest video opus, and immediately
    several things become evident; the most telling is that this guy wouldn't know a new video idea if it kicked him upside the head.
    Can we play "Name that influence"? Let's ...
    First up, we've got a monkey on a cross! Good, Trent, my wife's album cover ("Stereotaxic Device", Kk Records) only beat you to that concept by, oh, 4 years now. Next?
    Oh look, a severed rotating pig's head! Been hanging out with Foetus, I see? Hey look! A still-life with Trent's head depicted in a gross fashion as if he'd
    been decapitated! The general sepiatone etched-plate motif! Guess you really liked that Joel-Peter Witkin exhibit that's in L.A. now, eh Trent?
    Why look, the whole thing's filmed in sepiatone with lotsa dust and then there's the creaky pulley bit ... guess the video store finally got that Brothers Quay compilation video in for Trent to rent ... and I'm sure watching
    those Tool videos didn't hurt, either ...
    The scary thing is that some kids out there might actually think this stuff is "new" and "original" or something ...
    Not amused,
    --
    - Greg Earle
    Phone: (818) 353-8695 FAX: (818) 353-1877 [Call # again if
    Internet: ea...@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US you get !FAX tone]
    UUCP: isolar!ea...@elroy.JPL.NASA.GOV a.k.a. ...!elroy!isolar!earle

Not to mention "Closer" sounds musically pretty similar to Severed Heads' "God Song"...hmm...

Coming from 30 years in the future

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05